I think my goats in labor can anyone help wit questions

12 hours in labor! :O I've always been taught they were supposed to be done in about half an hour, tops.

But I would guess you're defining the start of labor differently than I am, (?) since a 12 hour labor would often result in a dead or brain damaged kid.

With slow birthers, I use raspberry leaf tea. You can also feed them the leaves. Works with basically all species including birds and carnivores. It's also one of those things that tones the female reproductive tract right up again so you don't have females with that permanent obviously-was-pregnant-once belly. It also prevents a lot of hemorrhages.

Best wishes, hope she delivers a great kid or two.

Hmmm...maybe so. I've always called it early labor/ contractions. From what I understand, the stretching and arching help get the kid positioned correctly and then into the birth canal. Now, I would understand 12 hours of active pushing (course, by that time, the doe would probably be too worn out to continue pushing and thus need experienced assistance) to cause a dead or brain-damaged kid for sure. : )

Interesting about the raspberry leaf tea. I'll have to check it out.
smile.png

Yes! How is your doe doing? She does have a pretty big udder! :)

Back
Top Bottom