I think my husband is sick. LOL

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
He keeps asking me if we could put more eggs in the bator because these eggs are from our chickens. I don't know if it's too cold now. We are in Pa. What do you all think? Maybe I could make something for them and put them in the basement until they get bigger. I must be crazy.
lau.gif
I can't believe he said that.

Quote:
If you did make a brooder in the basement or garage, I don't think they would have any problem. The only problem that I have is the fact that, for me, chickens make me sick!! I mean literally! I have been fighting bronchitis for 2 weeks, from the last babies that hatched from the bator, and they were only in here for about 3 days...Just something to consider...

I've been brooding in my basement (can't wait to move them out to the coop!) if you don't hatch too many at once, it shouldn't be a big deal if you don't have indoor predators (my dog is really interested, but not mean, my cats are mildly curious from time to time, but really don't consider the peeping fluffballs to be worth the effort to get to). I'd be almost tempted to keep a few eggs in the bator at all times to brood half a dozen or so all winter. I love to hear them cheeping at me! But I know I'll be more than happy to put the brooder away once I get the current batch from the bator hatched, and out to the coop.

Well since it was his idea, I think he could make something. I do have a dog but she considers all of them her babies. It's funny because if you would come to my door, she would bite your head off. LOL

I have no power in my barn and it's about 40 yards from the house. So putting power out there to keep them warm would be hard. Decisions, Decisions.

I forgot, how old do they need to be before I could put them out? Once they get all their feathers, about how old would that be?

I saw a gas smoker at Wal Mart, I was thinking, could I make a larger bator out of that. Hum Hum Hum

I think my husband is sick. LOL

Hey I'M a husband and the tables are turn here me wife thinks I am sick also by always hatch more eggs see she really not into this chicken stuff / small time farmer LOL

Anyway I raise all my hatching eggs in the finish basement all the time , and when they go out to the coop and get grown I'll bring one or two in for a bit and even let them hang with the puppies from time to time LOL

15149_dsc07177_new_3.jpg

I'M CRAZYER THEN MOST , SO ME WIFE THINKS​

Back
Top Bottom