I think my Orpington is a "SHE" and is a "Black Orpington"

DouglasPeeps

Songster
11 Years
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
I hatched this Orpington from MissPrissy's eggs. I think "she" is a she. She is 9 weeks old.

Isn't she beautiful!
love.gif

apr09008.jpg

apr09012.jpg

Quote:
Thanks! I knew that "she" was an orpington, but have been watching her closely to decide is she was a black orpington or a dark blue orpington. The eggs that I hatched had the possibility of being Blue, Black, or Splash. I am thinking black, but am not convinved on a "green sheen" in her feathers just yet.

Quote:
Thanks! I knew that "she" was an orpington, but have been watching her closely to decide is she was a black orpington or a dark blue orpington. The eggs that I hatched had the possibility of being Blue, Black, or Splash. I am thinking black, but am not convinved on a "green sheen" in her feathers just yet.

Oh! My bad. That makes sense now after reading the title to the post. I would say black, but it is tough to tell based on the sheen. Its still a great looking bird. I love my buff orpingtons. Are all orpingtons tempered the same or does the color have any effect on temperment. For example, is a buff orp and a black orp going to have the same temperment on average, or are they different? thanks!

vortec

Back
Top Bottom