i think my rooster had intercourse with a broom

JammyWammy

In the Brooder
May 29, 2023
I bought my rooster from day one, always been friendly, that's why it was such a surprise that one day it decided to just become aggressive towards myself and everyone else. it was by itself for a long time (not anymore tho) I tried to introduce other chickens but things never really worked out for one reason or the other. after it became aggressive I started taking a broom with me when I went to feed it, to keep him away. one day he got on top of the broom and wouldn't shake off, and after a few seconds I noticed a white liquid thing coming out his behind and pouring onto the floor, and I was flabbergasted. I have no idea how to think of that behaviour, but my parents decided to pair him up with a hen and, so far he seems to be much more interested in brooms than he is in fellow members of his species. I was hoping to be told what to expect and if I should be concerned about this or not.

Oh my goodness! Let me guess..... he's less than a year old?
You got me thinking of a boy who enters puberty and doesn't know what to make of what his body is doing, and the thing that suddenly has a mind all its own...

He needs a few hens and no brooms. Walk at him not around him and do not turn your back. If need be take a broom handle or stick in the coop. No broom. He will figure it out given a chance.

He needs a few hens and no brooms. Walk at him not around him and do not turn your back. If need be take a broom handle or stick in the coop. No broom. He will figure it out given a chance.
I've already stopped using a broom and just using the stick currently. Will keep in mind the walking towards him part next time, so thank you for the tip! I was wondering why it did that at all though, are roosters attracted to specefic shapes?

I've already stopped using a broom and just using the stick currently. Will keep in mind the walking towards him part next time, so thank you for the tip! I was wondering why it did that at all though, are roosters attracted to specefic shapes?
I don't think a shape has any thing to do with their actions. I think it is movements and a lot of things may can make a hormonal rooster crazy in the head. In the last year I've seen over 30 hormonal roosters suffer the puberty phase of life and it wasn't pretty.

I don't think a shape has any thing to do with their actions. I think it is movements and a lot of things may can make a hormonal rooster crazy in the head. In the last year I've seen over 30 hormonal roosters suffer the puberty phase of life and it wasn't pretty.
I'd love to know about the most notable example of those 30 if you have the time and wouldn't mind sharing

One was a pullet was on the ground with a mounted rooster and another rooster on top of that rooster and another rooster on top and a few more roosters trying to get involved. Funny but not funny. Young pullets have a hard time in their puberty time of life.

Back
Top Bottom