I think SHE is in fact a HE?

Sorry, my mistake, they don’t ALWAYS have red, but that helps if they do. Brook may not have red but he has many other signs of cockerel.
Yes, I agree. The facts and logic say that they are both male, but you know what they say: hope is the thing that dies last. I can’t help but hope! 😅 Though… I guess in this case hope wouldn’t die last, the cockerel would! 🙄

a close up picture of Pearl's back taken from above
CC4F3397-D012-449E-8A51-35422990776C.jpeg
E9B2A1B2-3E1C-4678-B0DC-7273A83DC580.jpeg
6CF4438F-F487-4443-ABD3-31D9F90AE693.jpeg

Pearl is sorta skittish so this is the best I could get! (For now).

A little update. Brook has been growing more and more pointy feathers and he seems definitely 100% cockerel. He hasn’t started crowing yet though. (he’s almost 14 weeks) How old are cockerels supposed to be when they crow? Pearl has bigger muffs than Brook and still a way smaller comb. She has no pointy feathers, hackle nor saddle, so I’m still holding out hope for her! I read somewhere that around 20 weeks is when they lay. Is this true?

A little update. Brook has been growing more and more pointy feathers and he seems definitely 100% cockerel. He hasn’t started crowing yet though. (he’s almost 14 weeks) How old are cockerels supposed to be when they crow? Pearl has bigger muffs than Brook and still a way smaller comb. She has no pointy feathers, hackle nor saddle, so I’m still holding out hope for her! I read somewhere that around 20 weeks is when they lay. Is this true?
Depends. Any any blue cochin cockerel just started crowing a week ago and he is 20 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom