I THINK THEY"RE DEAD

jackydb2

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 31, 2013
Portsmouth VA
Today is day 19 . I see no rocking peeping neither do i hear chirpping , im getting scared . Is this normal ?
hide.gif

On day 19 of my hatch, I saw very little wobbling and the ones that werent wobbling were actually the first ones to hatch. Day 20 was about the same...I saw one egg that was wobbling like crazy but come to find out, he was facing the wrong end...The night of Day 20 is when we actually heard the eggs start to peep and when we woke the next morning, day 21, we had several that had pipped and hatched within about 8 hours. Some chicks are also late bloomers and won't pip or hatch until days 23-25 even. I wouldnt worry right now as its still a tad early.

Okay , Because I was really worried , would it hurt if i candled one ?
Some people do but I don't at this time because during lockdown, it is important that the incubator isn't opened so that the humidity isn't lost. It can cause the membrane to shrink and stick to them which can then cause the chick to die.

okay , so Im guessing thats not a good idea , ugh , its killing me to see whats going on inside . Thanks i guess im gonna die because curiosity always kills the cat , lol

okay , so Im guessing thats not a good idea , ugh , its killing me to see whats going on inside . Thanks i guess im gonna die because curiosity always kills the cat , lol
Oh trust me...I just went through it LOL I know what you are feeling and it is VERY hard!!! I actually left the house and came back just in time because as soon as I walked in the house, the first chick was making it's zip...after that, I couldn't move from that incubator LOL and couldn't before either. Yesterday was our hatch day but several were still hatching last night. Our fan in our incubator went out at 1 in the morning, just as we were about to head to bed...needless to say, we didn't end up in bed at that moment because we had to hurry and get a new fan in there because the temps were going all over the place
hmm.png
Luckily, this didn't bother the rest of the hatches...but I finally got to sleep at 3 in the morning and then back up at 6 due to hearing the loud peeping of newly hatched chicks LOL...Im so sore from being bent over that incubator for 5 days now and so sleepy after a long long night
th.gif
But it was all worth it to see those precious baby chicks
jumpy.gif
Just try to hang in there

Back
Top Bottom