I thinking mom just caught me two feral coturnix quail and is bring me them. help (awesome update!!)

Kel60

Songster
Nov 9, 2020
So uh yeah, this is what I woke up to this morning
20210918_104132.jpg

20210918_104151.jpg

I dont know what to do.
Hopefully shes ****ing with me but she absolutly the kinda person who would do this.
I gonna have to put them in quarantine. They've probably got mites and shit I dont want to give my birds. Any ideas of steps i need to take to keep my flock safe if she actually shows up in a few hours with these birds?????
p-p
Mom why

Also I think they are girls, but opinions on that to? I'm really screwed if their boys

So uh yeah, this is what I woke up to this morning
View attachment 2837352
View attachment 2837354
I dont know what to do.
Hopefully shes ****ing with me but she absolutly the kinda person who would do this.
I gonna have to put them in quarantine. They've probably got mites and shit I dont want to give my birds. Any ideas of steps i need to take to keep my flock safe if she actually shows up in a few hours with these birds?????
p-p
Mom why

Also I think they are girls, but opinions on that to? I'm really screwed if their boys
Well the silver lining is that they're VERY pretty :love

Resized_20210918_110549.jpeg

Got another pic of them. They are lovely Little girls arnt they? I should have them in another 2 hours or so and I'll make sure to take all the glamour shots. I think I may add them to the flock today if they look good. I havnt been able to find my folding pen to put them in if I dont. If they seem to have any issues when they get here though I'll find a big box or something to keep them in for now

View attachment 2837613
Got another pic of them. They are lovely Little girls arnt they? I should have them in another 2 hours or so and I'll make sure to take all the glamour shots. I think I may add them to the flock today if they look good. I havnt been able to find my folding pen to put them in if I dont. If they seem to have any issues when they get here though I'll find a big box or something to keep them in for now
Where did your mum buy them?

A farm swap meet of some kind in iowa. They were supposed to be laying blue eggs but one laid an egg in the carrier that was standard brown and white, so well have to see if the other lays a blue egg. But I have my suspicions that she got a male and a female. Mom sent me more picks and this looks like a boy. A LOT like a boy.
20210918_175017.jpg
20210918_175007.jpg

I'm holding out hope theres two eggs by morning. Maybe I'll get lucky

ok. ok guys.
i have met the babies.
HOLY.
SHIT.

i didn't know quail could be this tame. they are COMPLETELY UNAFRAID.
ZERO
ZIP

they just sit there and let you pet them!!! let you pick them up and just chill sitting on an open hand. not a hint of bolting!!!

it took me MONTHS to get romeo to even a shadow of this! she say the guys selling them just had them in a cage with 50ish others. these were not hand raised birds or something. these weren't someones babied pets.

i almost don't want to put them outside with the others! i just want to keep them to cuddle and enjoy the sweetest god damn personalities ever!!! id hate to put them with the others and have them get skittish or something because the others are! but given they were just with a bunch of others would they loose that calm??

mom is forgiven for her prank. she found me a pair of diamonds with these two! i wonder if that personality would breed true? romeo is a fairly sweet roo, i wonder what the babies would be like.

(also they are both absolutely girls, no little roosters)

A farm swap meet of some kind in iowa. They were supposed to be laying blue eggs but one laid an egg in the carrier that was standard brown and white, so well have to see if the other lays a blue egg. But I have my suspicions that she got a male and a female. Mom sent me more picks and this looks like a boy. A LOT like a boy.
View attachment 2837717View attachment 2837719

I'm holding out hope theres two eggs by morning. Maybe I'll get lucky
Awwwwwwwww

Back
Top Bottom