I thought chickens layed eggs at 6 months?

Feb 22, 2021
My Coop
My Coop
Nov. 18, 2020 Mrs. Peeps A Lot and many others hatched out of their little silky chicken eggs. Nov. 21, 2020 They keets killed all but, 3 chicks on accident. July 10, 2020 The remaining chicks Mrs. Peeps A Lot, Little Jimmy, and Princess Peach went to live with their broody mama. Aug 14-15 Mama Greasy hatched out Little Debbie the barred silky and Midnight the silky rooster. Today its been way over 6 months where is my silky chicken eggs?

Nov. 18, 2020 Mrs. Peeps A Lot and many others hatched out of their little silky chicken eggs. Nov. 21, 2020 They keets killed all but, 3 chicks on accident. July 10, 2020 The remaining chicks Mrs. Peeps A Lot, Little Jimmy, and Princess Peach went to live with their broody mama. Aug 14-15 Mama Greasy hatched out Little Debbie the barred silky and Midnight the silky rooster. Today its been way over 6 months where is my silky chicken eggs?
Silkie are late layers. Mine started close to 8 months of age. It is not unheard of for them to be a year old before they lay. 😊

JuLam Pet Helmet Funny Protective Chicken Helmet Hen Hard Bird Hat Headgear  - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Silkies lay very late compared to other breeds. Be patient. Some may even take up to a year.

Back
Top Bottom