I thought I was gonna lose this sweet baby...

lac1975

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 22, 2011
Corsicana, TX
92982_dsc00396.jpg

This little one had, I am suspecting anyway, a very bad case of constipation. It had been just standing around for the last day and a half, feathers fluffed out and seemed very fatigued. The others would just walk right over the top of her. I removed her and put her by herself yesterday morning. She didn't like it either! I gave her some food and added some vitamins to her water. I checked her pretty thoroughly after I isolated her and found a large knot in her lower belly. I left her in there and I went to bed (I work nights & this was my weekend on). When I woke up that afternoon, I checked on her and she pooped in one spot & it was only about the size of a pea.
Well, I massaged her belly and used a warm rag and massaged the vent area. It didn't work at that time. Well, I had to leave her again to go work, but my son went and looked in on her for me. I assumed she was ok at that time since he didn't call me with any bad news. I get home this morning, and the first thing I do is look in on her. She has pooped probably 1/2 a tablespoons worth, maybe more. The knot was completely gone, and her energy was back. She was running all over the place.
I took her back to the others. She is running still. And she's walking over them! So happy!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom