I thought I was sold a barred rock, but I'm not sure.

Easter Eggers are awesome. You won't be disappointed if that's what she turns out to be - I have a "February" group of two Speckled Sussex and two Easter Eggers... my favorite group yet. The Sussex girls just coo and trill constantly. They borderline harass you when you are outside. I love them. The EEs I have had in the past were all super neat, sweet birds that laid either blue or green eggs. Can't go wrong! Also, my black sex link hen had yellow legs (She's sitting on my arm in my avatar :D)

I never would have guessed an Easter Egger, but the more I look at chick pictures, the more I'm convinced that's what she is. Thanks everyone so far.

Edit: Good thing all the people I've been excitedly telling about my chickens are not chicken people. I'd look pretty silly having half my flock end up being completely different birds!

None of the birds pictured are speckled sussex. Not sure why that wyandotte has a dark comb. I just looked back at pics of my wyandottes (also hatchery quality) and their combs turned yellow by 6 weeks. But ya never know with hatchery stock so...

That is a gold laced Wyandotte. It takes awhile for the coloring to come in, and hatchery bred Wyandotte don't have perfect crisp lacing. If you look at her comb, you will see the rosecomb too.

Black Sex links generally have darker shanks (legs) and the yellow is more on the neck/chest area, not all over the body. They also have single combs.

You do have an Easter Egger, that is featured in the photo where all the chicks are standing on the window ledge. It is between two of the red chicks, and is brown and yellow necked with gray legs.

That is a gold laced Wyandotte. It takes awhile for the coloring to come in, and hatchery bred Wyandotte don't have perfect crisp lacing. If you look at her comb, you will see the rosecomb too.

Black Sex links generally have darker shanks (legs) and the yellow is more on the neck/chest area, not all over the body. They also have single combs.

You do have an Easter Egger, that is featured in the photo where all the chicks are standing on the window ledge. It is between two of the red chicks, and is brown and yellow necked with gray legs.
X2. I see three production reds (one male), an EE, and a gold laced Wyandotte on the window ledge. The GLW has what I've heard called "mulberry comb". It's an aesthetic flaw but not a health issue.

Back
Top Bottom