I thought Partridge Silkies were Brownish-Red?

jBabychickn

Songster
Jul 19, 2021
Lexington, KY
My Coop
My Coop
I’ve seen many, many photos of Partridge Silkies and they’ve all shown me wide varieties of light Browns to dark Browns along with some Reds and Blacks too… 🪶
— When I bought, Sassafras, my partridge Silkie chick, he/she looked just like all the partridge baby chick photos I’ve seen as well, like the cutest striped Chipmunk ever! 💜
— Fast forward to the Present, at almost 3mos of age, Sassafras has no light or dark Browns in sight, nor any Chestnut or Reds… He/she is Black/grey and what I would call Silver
— I’m enclosing photos: What color would you guys say? I’m so in love with him/her! Sassafras has the BEST personality, just loves to held! (Also, any guesses on hen or Roo? Might as well ask while I’m at it, right?! 🫣🧐)!!

Attachments

• IMG_8405.jpeg
    IMG_8405.jpeg
    774.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8584.jpeg
    IMG_8584.jpeg
    834.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8928.jpeg
    IMG_8928.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 36
I’ve seen many, many photos of Partridge Silkies and they’ve all shown me wide varieties of light Browns to dark Browns along with some Reds and Blacks too… 🪶
— When I bought, Sassafras, my partridge Silkie chick, he/she looked just like all the partridge baby chick photos I’ve seen as well, like the cutest striped Chipmunk ever! 💜
— Fast forward to the Present, at almost 3mos of age, Sassafras has no light or dark Browns in sight, nor any Chestnut or Reds… He/she is Black/grey and what I would call Silver
— I’m enclosing photos: What color would you guys say? I’m so in love with him/her! Sassafras has the BEST personality, just loves to held! (Also, any guesses on hen or Roo? Might as well ask while I’m at it, right?! 🫣🧐)!!
So adorable! That color is called Silver Partridge, a very beautiful color variety in Silkies! She looks like a pullet to me, can you send a pic of her whole body?:love😍🥰💚

So adorable! That color is called Silver Partridge, a very beautiful color variety in Silkies! She looks like a pullet to me, can you send a pic of her whole body?:love😍🥰💚
Silver Partridge - Thank you!!!! 👍🏼♥️

I definitely will tomorrow!
I wanted to include a whole body photo as well. — We couldn’t get a good one today at all... the little stinker!!! 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ll include the only clear one I got; it has my Blossom in it as well, my Black Silkie who raised Sassafras. You won’t get much from this photo tho, you’ll see… LOL! I’ll post a serious one tomorrow ;)

Attachments

• 70796285088__4A9F32CD-B7E2-44A7-8FE8-6FBAB4AB324C.jpeg
    70796285088__4A9F32CD-B7E2-44A7-8FE8-6FBAB4AB324C.jpeg
    704.2 KB · Views: 34
Silver Partridge - Thank you!!!! 👍🏼♥️

I definitely will tomorrow!
I wanted to include a whole body photo as well. — We couldn’t get a good one today at all... the little stinker!!! 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ll include the only clear one I got; it has my Blossom in it as well, my Black Silkie who raised Sassafras. You won’t get much from this photo tho, you’ll see… LOL! I’ll post a serious one tomorrow ;)
Yep, I believe she's pullet! She and your Black Silkie look adorable! 😍🥰:love:bow💚

We hatched these little silkie beauties yesterday from a purebred pen of only white, black and traditional partridge silkies, roosters are only white.
Could these be silver partridge chicks? They almost remind me of emu chicks with coloration.
I was not expecting this but so excited to see what they turn into.
We have hatched out buff silkies in this same pen thinking it has to be white roo x partridge hen.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2216.jpeg
    IMG_2216.jpeg
    486.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 16
We hatched these little silkie beauties yesterday from a purebred pen of only white, black and traditional partridge silkies, roosters are only white.
Could these be silver partridge chicks? They almost remind me of emu chicks with coloration.
I was not expecting this but so excited to see what they turn into.
We have hatched out buff silkies in this same pen thinking it has to be white roo x partridge hen.
Any ideas?
I’m thinking there’s a real good chance!! Looks a lot like my Sassafras, which ended up being a boy!! — A wonderful little guy!! LOL!😉

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpeg
    IMG_1434.jpeg
    866.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    708.2 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom