I thought you people were crazy! LOL

I am sure all of us fowl lovers have been told we are crazy a time or two.....lol. I have and i take no offense to it. I spend more time outside with the chickens and ducks than i do inside....lol

I'm with everyone here. I love my chickens but there is definitely something heart warming about ducks. Who would have thunk it?
love.gif

Quote:
I agree -- I have 3 week old ducklings, turkeys, and chickens right now. The ducks are hands-down the cutest little things, which is good, because they are also by far the messiest and the most work.

Everyone is totally right!! I had been interested in ducks for a while and when I went to look the guy said $2 for the ducklings. UH $2??? Heck yeah I'll take 'em!! Wrap 'em up let's go better yet I'll just carry them!!! if you have never had a duck it is a MUST. I only have 2 so they aren't all that bad on the messy side.

I'm grateful that my single Rouen hen has quit laying for the time being. The 5 I hatched over Memorial Day weekend timeframe were her offspring with any or all of the 3 males she came with. I was hoping for the exact opposite ratio, 3 females and 1 male, or at least 2 and 2. So, I hope I have a few more hens in this lot of 5.

Anyway, I am glad that she isn't laying, because they are just SO cute, it would be awfully tempting to hatch out some more, but frankly 9 ducks is plenty for me.

I guess if they have any baby brothers or sisters, they will have to go the route of the eggs laid in the winter when it was too cold -- the dinner table.

But, how will explain to these 5 that their older siblings grew up to become a lemon chiffon cake or a western omlette?
tongue.png

Quote:
Just make sure Hubby includes a way to clean the pond, even with only 6 puddle ducks and a 4-5 foot deep natural pond about 1/10th of an acre in size, they still managed to turn the water to brown from pooping in it! They did eat all the duck weed which was choking it, but I think it needed some weed to keep the balance! I've switched to muscovies, they don't seem to need to be in the pond all the time.

Back
Top Bottom