I Used Elmers Glue On Cracked Eggs and Hoping

BroodyCluck

Songster
6 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Cleveland, Texas
Since losing all but 1 Rooster of my American Bresse Chicks by a dog killing them I ordered more American Bresse eggs 14. I received them fine. But before I could get them going in the incubator, I dropped them. 3 were totaled out and I had to discard them sadly. But 5 more we're cracked. slightly and I loaded Elmers school glue all over the cracks and gave them overnight to dry before getting them into the incubator. After a couple of weeks, I tried to candle them but discovered they were glued into the egg Turner and wouldn't budge. Nothing I could do but leave them along or crack them the incubator had a total of 40 eggs including the 11 left of American Bresse. So Last night was A day past shutdown time to remove the egg turner. The 5 glued eggs would not release. I tried soaking the egg Turner on the bottom with warm water But nothing would budge them. After a while I had to apply pressure. 2 of them release but took shell but the egg membrane didn't tear. I quickly rushed those to the incubator with the raised humidity because I saw the chicks were alive inside moving. The another egg broke and had expired early so was discarded. Then one broke too critically and had fully formed live chick and had to be discarded because it wasn't ready for hatching too much egg yoke left.. Then one was a clear egg.. So now I'm just hoping the two with the live chicks membrane intact but shell removed will hatch.
I just get so frustrated to think, I could have used a tiny piece of waxed paper under the egg before putting them into the egg turner and starting them in the incubator and prevented this from happening after I had to glue them. Because I see most of them developed with the glue on them.
But I'm looking for replies about the 2 eggs with tiny (pea sized) pieces of missing shell yet membranes intact. Has anyone known of eggs hatching with pieces of shell missing like this? That was day 19 although I should have did shutdown on day 18.

Back
Top Bottom