I wanna See Your Mutts and Crosses!

Here is a 1 month pic of the first chick in my previous post:
Purple-1.jpg

The hen is a black sex-link and the roo is a black sex-link but the off spring are not sex-linked and are mutts!

Last edited:
Here's some of our crosses and mutts:
ya.gif

P8040381-1.jpg

Hen, Mama is a Black Silkie/Buff Orp. mix and Papa is the same mix.
Here's the Papa (Lawrence):
P7040123-1.jpg

P7040113-1.jpg

This is Lucy, her Mama is an Auracana and Lawrence (Black Silkie/Buff Orp. mix) is the Papa.
P8040380-1.jpg

This one's Mama is a Black Silkie/Black Ausralorp mix and Papa is a Black Silkie/Barred Rock mix.
Here's the Papa (Francis):
P7040107-1-1.jpg

I have always loved multi generation mixes!!
Blessings,
Amy J.

My broody is hatching some mutt eggs right now! I just went to feed her and I noticed one of the eggs in front had a large hole. I stood there to watch for a few minutes but she seemed really annoyed. These eggs are RIR crossed with cuckoo marans, SLW and EE. I am guessing the marans and SLW may be sex linked. Anybody have experience with these crosses. I will post pics when the babies arrive.

I love this thread! I have a mixed flock but won't have any babies from it for quite a while! I do have a question... I have EE's, white eggers and brown eggers... If I mix them up, what color eggs will the babies lay? Is one color dominant or is this a trait that can be shades of both parents? Can you tell by their leg color?

7736_dumdum_2.jpg

here is my dumdum chicken. i bought the egg as a banty partridge cochinBut she has puffy cheeks and a weird comb. Not sure if it is due to her disability, being a mutt or genetic mutation. Doesnt look pure bred to me i think maybe a EE , polish or something mix

Here are some of my new mutts! DH got too excited an moved mom so he could get pics. Luckily she settled right back in. The ones with the stripes came out of SLW eggs. The cutie standing up was from an EE. We will see if any of the rest hatch.

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

Back
Top Bottom