I want a kitten SO bad...

" I want a kitten SO bad..."

I think the title says it all.... you want a KITTEN - but not a CAT. There's a world of difference.

It's not bad be to not be a cat person- just that much more to share with what animals you are compatible with.

Just enjoy other people's cats, and remember- you don't have to clean a litter box or have a cat urping hairballs on you in the middle of the night!

Quote:
Well I like adult cats too. I just want to start a bond with a kitten. I love a big cat that will come and sleep in your lap.
The animals I seem to be more compatible with are the ones I cant have (horses, goats, etc)
tongue.png

Quote:
Well I like adult cats too. I just want to start a bond with a kitten. I love a big cat that will come and sleep in your lap.
The animals I seem to be more compatible with are the ones I cant have (horses, goats, etc)
tongue.png

lau.gif
, you and me both! I'd have a zoo if I could.

How about a totally different approach? Kittens are a real trial of your patience- what about going to the local SPCA/Humane Society and adopting a grown cat? One who responds well to you, is littler trained and likes people? I have adopted quite a few who were adult or close to it, and they have been a joy! Some have lived to be over 21 years old, and many were great companions/lap lizards.

Think about it, it could save a cat's life.

If you give your cat hairball medication regularly, they won't urp hairballs. Kittens are such a joy to have, they are soooo funny when they are playing. Anything entertains them. A simple ball of string, a cap off of a water bottle, anything that rolls. Just a wonderful pet to have.

I have a 2 year old solid black male tomcat named Whiskey.. He gets spooked very easily, but is the most laid back cat. Loves to lay on his back in the yard with all 4 paws sticking up in the air. Hillarious!

The other day it was pouring down raining. I donned my raincoat and had the hood on, well Whiskey didn't recognize me and he began to arch his back up and his tail swelled up and he meowed and growled at me....
lol.png
After he realized it was me, he was fine. It was funny.

My other cat is a 9 year old female, Smokey. She only likes me. Does not like men! If I lose my 2 cats, I'm sure to get another one! Both cats love the chickens. They stay nearby the chickens. Lay on the ground by the run and watch chickens. If the chickens are free ranging, they are right in the middle of them. It is a sight to see!

Good luck on your kitty endeavors.
wink.png

My cats are all super friendly..(i held them alot when they were little and didnt play rough with them..etc..) they all come when called..one greets my hubby every day after work..he jumps up and puts his paws on my hubbys chest and nibbles his chin, he'll keep meowing until my husband picks him up ....
tongue.png

If you get a cat young and spend time with it and dont treat it rough..they are great pets.

Work with a rescue to find the perfect kitten. The rescuers typically know the personalities of the cats & kittens they work with. They'll know which ones are cuddlebugs that just want a human lap to sit on to be happy.
My Bekka (siamese) lived to be in my lap. If I was sitting down, I had Bekka on me. Our KiKi (also a siamese) loves to be held and gives hugs to everyone she can non-stop; so much so that I have to warn people when they come in that they are about to be hugged, whether they like it or not. She'll leap off of furniture to wrap her front legs around your neck. Head bumps follow.
Kitty, on the other hand, only tolerates me because I can open the food storage tote and she can't. She's DH's cat and won't tolerate pettings from anyone else.
Please think seriously about getting another kitten or cat. It's heartbreaking for them to grow up in a home they love only to be given away as adults.

Well we had a couple over last night whos mother is raising about 8 kittens. They asked if we wanted one. They are only 4 weeks old now so it wouldnt be for another month till we got one. Im kind of excited..
She said that a lady she knows them will fix a male for us for only $30..

Are you SURE you want a kitten? My son gave me one as a gift last month-Hershey we named her. She is adorable, but she gets into EVERYTHING! The cupboards, the dryer, refrigerator. She harasses the heck out of our big cats, overpowers our ferret, won't leave our quail alone, and quite frequently gets sent to kitten jail. Especially when she dashes the door when we open it.

Hershey scratches and bites, trips us when we walk, wakes us up attacking our hair, eyes, feet, anything she can get. She has to go to jail when we eat because she won't leave us alone. She gets on the table, and knocks things over to play with on the floor.

I hadn't realized how much like a ferret a kitten is. I love Hershey, but I'm ready for the antics to end. Just some insight into kitten owning. My adult cats are so much calmer, but they are older, around 9 I think.

Back
Top Bottom