I want a pair of Dom's

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by firem3, Jul 16, 2008.

1. firem3

firem3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Odenville Alabama
    I would love to get a breeding pair of dom's. the problem is i live in very rural Alabama and every one around here has mutt's (hey simba), and i dont have the room for anymore big hatchery orders. Does anyone have a pair of dom's to sell. I raise new hamps for eggs, but I have always loved the doms.

2. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    [​IMG] Momma wanted Dom. as well and we went to pick them up and now that they are growning we realize we have a barn yard mess mostly barr rock instead of dom. [​IMG]

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    You should try ordering from My Pet Chicken or something like that. If no one on here has a few they can send you that would be your next best bet. I don't know if they have that breed, but it's worth a shot. Depends on how much you're wanting to spend.

4. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    firem3,
    being in AL you oughta be able to find some doms, but you might not be lookin in the right place. I don't know what your price range is, but real doms aren't $25 a pair birds, more like ad another "0" at the end of that. BUT, if you could find a single real dom and get a good b.b. red colored game of another bloodline you can breed your own line of doms.

cjeanean,
    i don't think mypetchicken would keep a stock of gamefowl on hand, anything's possible though, but i know most hatcheries don't.

5. dracos68

dracos68 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2008
    Argo, Alabama
    Firem3
    Great to see some one so close, I live in Odenville too. Over on the Argo side.
    I dont have any more Dom`s but I have a lot of other stuff.
    Have a great day:D

Hidden Valley Chicken Ranch
    Michael

6. lovinthechickens

lovinthechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    northern SD county, CA
    By doms you mean dominiques right? Dominiques are rare endangered american heratige chickens. I actually just picked up 3 pure females at the feed store for 2 bucks each, so, Vcomb, i think you are over exagerating. There no 250 dollar birds. Firem3, I suggest calling your local feedstore and asking them to order dominiques for their next chicks...

7. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    sorry, not used to hearing people refer to dominiques as doms. the doms i was talking about are crele colored gamefowl, which do cost as much as i stated. i guess considering the person was in alabama that's what i thought they were lookin for.

8. lovinthechickens

lovinthechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    northern SD county, CA
    Ohh, i see. I guess it could go either way. [​IMG]

9. BODOR's friend

BODOR's friend New Egg

Aug 21, 2008
    I have a beautiful Dominiques rooster--2 1/2 months old who needs a new home. He was supposed to be a she (stupid incompetent chicken sexer!). I would be glad for you to have him but he's a pet and I wouldn't want him to end up in the pot--ever. He's very friendly--spoiled actually. I maaaaay have a friend going through Alabama in he next couple of months. Of course by then you may have a pair. Dominiques are spectacular but I can't have roosters where I live.

10. blackhammer

blackhammer New Egg

Aug 24, 2008
    is this what your talking about, these are golden doms
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by