I.want.a.yurt!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by awesomefowl, Jul 30, 2011.

1. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

I have recently been obsessed with yurts!!!! At present my dream is to move out west, herd sheep and live in a yurt for a year. Well, that will have to wait at least until I finish school, but wouldn't that be cool?!?!

Maybe I can make a small one, 10' or so, in our backyard for now! I found some Instructions.

Anyway....anyone else like/own/want to own a Mongolian yurt? [​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Me and my family lived in a yurt for a few months. A friendly piece of advice: Don't live in a yurt if it gets cold at night where you live! I suppose it could be done if you had a lot of blankets, but it isn't pleasant. [​IMG]

Of course, not everyone is as wimpy as I am. Maybe a yurt would be perfect for you.

3. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Haha, I'd love to be a goat herder (I know it's a kid's job...but....), or live in a yurt. They actually have a class at our local U on all things yurt and living in yurts. Check out schools near you to see if you have anything similar.

4. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    Our local campground has yurts you can rent. I've never stayed in one, mainly because there was no one that wanted to camp in it with me.

5. ContessaKris

ContessaKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Grandview (SKC), MO
    My friend and I talk about living in them all the time, on Facebook. I'd at least like to try it on a vacation. I found one place near the beach that had them. I think that would be fun...

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wish I owned a little place in the mountains with a yurt on it....

7. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Quote:X2..wouldn't that be nice???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by