I want to ask a question that has already been asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I guess the only thing that I really grumble about is that people don't type full sentences when they post, using punctuation, uppercase/lowercase letters, SPELL-CHECK, or they "text" when they post... that is THE single most annoying thing ever.

I try to type where it makes sense to the reader. However, I tend to ramble, and I am guilty of multiple ??? and ... and -'s.
Sometimes my typing comes out like I speak instead of proper punctuation.

I am pretty much too new to have the right to complain about anything. That said, "When can I turn off the heat lamp?" and "When can I put them outside?" must bring up the most search results.

A personal peeve of mine is when someone posts, "My chicken just ate an elephant!!!!" or something similar. Open the post and it says, "Not really but it made you open the post". Then they proceed to ask some question.
he.gif

Quote:
Just to clarify, when I said moron I was talking about myself. Using triples just seems
to happen. Spelling is tough too. Most of us mess up on that. Nobody really cares.
Firefox has a spell check built it.

You aren't too new to complain. Actually you aren't too new and you're not complaining.

I really hope everyone understands my responses as well as a few others here were
just jokes. No one should take anything too seriously here.

DacJohns started with a good original topic. This is a fun, and goofy, thread.

Quote:
Well I certainly didn't take offense to anything, or feel the need to be defensive, and most definitely won't be changing the way I post due to anything I read
tongue.png

In fact, I am quite proud of myself.
big_smile.png
The dentist prescribed Vicodin yesterday for me- and I took one this A.M. and I still managed to post coherently.
tongue2.gif
(by the way, I will never take one again. It made me nauseous, didn't stop my headache, and I sat outside with the chickens and my cup of coffee- BAREFOOT.)

It kind of has to do with how newbies evolve into oldies (by BYC standards). I started out here some months ago as a newbie asking the repetitive questions. Then I learned how to do searches, then I just spent a lot of time reading through posts instead of asking questions, which answers a heck of a lot. I have learned SO much on here, even if there are constantly contradictory answers given!
barnie.gif

Not that I'm an oldie, but there is so much info already in these threads... sometimes it's so much better to read the past threads on a certain topic. You can often get MORE info than if you post a question. Then again, I spend way too much time on here...

My friend (crazychickengirl) has a friend (btw she NOT is not a friend to me at all) And she is always asking my friend "I think I have a rooster...What do you think? Did you ask Chareia? ( thats my real name) What does she think?" Well then we tell her yes you have roosters. And what does she do? Gets mad at me.
he.gif
I know that this is not a repeated post but it sure is a repeated question! I finally told my friend (crazychickengirl) just tell her I would like to buy some eggs from her when her "HEN" starts laying!
big_smile.png
wink.png
lau.gif
cool.png
I think I will be waiting for a looooong time!! LOL
lol.png
And you know what? I am just a big enough butt hole that I will continue to ask her about my eggs!
gig.gif
She will eventually have to tell me she has a rooster or.....go out and buy a hen that looks just like her roo! And the best part is, this is her first time at owning chickens. Forget the fact that I have been raising chickens and chicks for 3 years.
barnie.gif

Anyways, the only thing that bothers me on here is people being rude. I understand we all have different opinions, that is how God made us. But we don't have to be rude. Just my 2
images

Last edited:
Harley's girl :

Did you ask Chareia? ( thats my real name)

Thats a really pretty name - sorry to blast in OT here!
gig.gif

Quote:
What's the difference between an ameraucana, araucana and an easter egger?

Is this a roo or a hen?

When will my chicken lay eggs?

well.. *foot tapping* what is the difference.. save me from posting the question..
big_smile.png

Just a side note... With that search .. I have not been able to find a single answer in the forums.. I still have yet to find a page with the definition of the BO EE and all the other abreviations.. I have just learned a few of them.. and then imagine some great looking chicken in some far off distance for the rest.. I just learned how to find my own threads and even at that I have a tough time finding one in particular.

But as a positive. I did find qute a bit of info on the main site.. like what a vent was ..

And I think that the emergency forum should be excluded in the dumb question box.. people need answers..

so I am off to start asking the dumb questions again.. LOL
big_smile.png
ep.gif

so with all the wonderfull additions and answers posted with the stupid questions ... what is the EE answer?

Oh and I prayed for one of my chickens and even asked my ladies group to pray and she is walking around today.
smile.png

Quote:
Ok how about the posts in ALL CAPITALS???? Do people feel they have to yell
or there posts are more important than anyone elses. Duhhh.

Dacjohns this is all your fault for posting a question like this.

Someone had to. I really hope it doesn't get out of hand and shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom