I want to go home.... In hosp, kidney infection

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Nicole01, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    3 nights ago I came here at the ER in severe pain. It turned out that I have a severe kidney infection. The first night was the worst! The doc refused to treat my pain. Hubby called and threatened, but I didn't get substantial relief until 14 hours later. Yes, we are beyond ticked! My urine was bright red, which they tried telling me it was menstrual blood(same doc). This was not the case.

Anyways, I finally got the pain pump and still here. It's my 3rd night. I get antibiotics every night with a few other things. I really want to go home. I miss my family. I miss my chickens. I'm not quite ready to be without the pump, I still feel pain on top of the meds.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Oh dear - I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. I hope the doctors get all the pain meds and other meds regulated so you can go home ASAP.

3. Nitrous

Nitrous Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Wow. Good luck! Kidney pain is ROUGH. Doctors have a difficult time with kidney patients sometimes because it is one of the things drug seekers come in... faking. Kidney stones. They put a little blood or fake blood in their pee sample and hope to fool the docs into giving them pain meds. I know it's difficult, but don't take it out too much on the doctor that left you in pain. Be angry at the drug seekers. Many of the pain meds are hard on your kidneys too. [​IMG]

4. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:We are going to report this doctor. It was unnecessary and worse then giving natural childbirth. I had nothing, but a gown on, so there was no fake blood to sneak. I've been to the ER once before, when my gallbladder went out, they have it in my records. Actually, they have my entire history.

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I am praying for you. I am glad that you at last have the pain medication.

I hope you get to go home soon and pain free.

6. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry this happened to you. When I was really young I had a splashback thing and 2 bacteria colonies on my kidneys (something like that; can't remember precisely since it was almost a decade ago.), so I understand the pain you're going through. With this condition I have (not going to say it since I'll be stereotyped) it often leaves me in the hospital for 72+ hours. I really hope you feel better soon [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. OH I feel so bad for you, my mom gets kidney problems ALL the time, in fact she has one right now. I hope you feel better [​IMG] I wish I could help, and the doctor seems like a jerk, hope you get a new one!!

8. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:I heard kidney infections can lead to permanent damage. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine going through this again. The nurses have been fabulous though!

9. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I hope you get to feeling better soon. The pain is so bad with kidney infections. I have had one and could not see straight or stand it. [​IMG]

10. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hope you heal soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by