I want to hatch more eggs...what's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rosaleen, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Rosaleen

Rosaleen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Danville, Vermont
    My darling little Cochin chicks are now 8 days old and happily flitting around the brooder yet
    I am always checking out the auction site and... I have a friend who has plenty of fertile eggs for me For free (Plymouth bard rocks and Rhode Island reds). I am sso tempted to take her up on her offer...they'll be ready to lay in early spring.....oh.....what to do?

2. Thomas423

Thomas423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    I can't help.
    I shut down my incubators 2 weeks ago.
    Now I'm looking at eggs again.
    I swore that I would not have any babies during the winter months.
    The calculator in my brain is working overtime.
    Chicken math......

3. Rosaleen

Rosaleen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Danville, Vermont
    Chicken math is a curse...I try not to think about it.[​IMG]

4. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Quote:Yeah, me too! [​IMG]

5. riane'smimi

riane'smimi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    orange va
    I keep telling myself that I AM TURNING THE BATOR OFF but then I keep forgetting to do it ! Every time I see a silkie egg I think " Now there is a beautiful baby waiting to be born" and into the incubator it goes.I am just hatching my own right now and I have to stop here soon or I will have chickens in my house all winter .But then again I am waiting on my polish to start laying again [​IMG]

6. Faerytalefarm

Faerytalefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    I want to hatch more eggs...what's wrong with me?

um... not a thing. [​IMG] i'm hoping my dorkings start laying (today was first egg from my new girls). once i have 10+ i'll set a batch and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

don't need any more mixed bantams. all 8 from first group hatched, and 9 more due to hatch this week (28th ish). plus 2 dorkings and 5 ee from shipped eggs.

oh and did i mention my 11 freerange bantams (parents of current muttbabies/eggs), and trio of dorkings?

chicken math? what's that? [​IMG]

8. Barbedwirecat

Barbedwirecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
    Nothing....and me neither. I'm with you at about 2 weeks with mine. AAAAAND I want more. As soon as these guys get fully feathered out---I'll say the opposite. Of course I DID just scrub out the spare "chicken bathroom".....

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I say anyone who doesn't want to hatch more chicks is abnormal! I mean, what's not to love, so sweet and fluffy! I just candled all the eggs going on lockdown tomorrow . Sadly, my Dominique eggs didn't stand the shipping and I pulled all of them. But I still have a lot of eggs in there, so in a few days it will be fluffy butt city ![​IMG]

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    this is my first time hatching and they are due around the 8th and i already want more to hatch...oh no no no dont need any more is what i keep telling myself lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by