I want to incubate eggs but fear roosters

I’m not breeding chickens. I don’t even have a rooster. I have 2 hens. And thought about hatching my own eggs (bought) for the breed i want. I can’t have roosters where i live. And i know the ratio is 50:50 for hatching eggs. SO if i did end up getting roosters, i want to know what i can do with them except for culling because i WONT be the one doing it. Thanks.

Also where, in any part, did i say i was breeding chickens?
Breeding chickens = hatching chicken eggs

Breeding chickens = hatching chicken eggs
Mm how does this make sense? I don’t have a rooster. If i were breeding, i would need a rooster, no? Breeding is mating two animals, in which i’m not doing. So because i want to hatch eggs, i’m breeding? That doesn’t make any sense honestly.

In fact this whole thread isn’t about BREEDING. It’s ab what to do with roosters i can’t have. Bye

Mm how does this make sense? I don’t have a rooster. If i were breeding, i would need a rooster, no? Breeding is mating two animals, in which i’m not doing. So because i want to hatch eggs, i’m breeding? That doesn’t make any sense honestly.

In fact this whole thread isn’t about BREEDING. It’s ab what to do with roosters i can’t have. Bye
Enjoy your 2 hens :thumbsup

I was really lucky only getting two roosters out of 8 hatched eggs, and then I boughed 3 more chickens when they were 2 days old, and all those 3 turned out to be pullets as well. I managed to find a home for one of the roosters, but not for the second one, and I can't have a rooster, so I had to cull him and it was just extremely hard and I still feel sad thinking about it. We called him big chunk because he was so big and chunky ❤ But he had a great life as long as he lived.
I think next time I'll buy grown up pullets or auto-sexed chickens.

We have weekly auction in Salem county every Tues. You drop them off and they send you a check in the mail. (minus the fee). They sell everything from chicks, roosters, ducks, turkeys, eggs even big rolls of hay. I have sold many chicks, eggs and cockerels there.
What is the auction called?? I’m interested!

We have weekly auction in Salem county every Tues. You drop them off and they send you a check in the mail. (minus the fee). They sell everything from chicks, roosters, ducks, turkeys, eggs even big rolls of hay. I have sold many chicks, eggs and cockerels there.
I am also interested. What is it called and how much do you usually get per bird?

The auction is at Cedar Lane Feeds. Its just outside of Elmer. The price varies depending on how many people show up with animals.. Sometimes the display cages are full, but that seems to be in the spring. They also sell goats, pigs, cows and general stuff that people bring in. Auction starts at 1. All entries need to be there by 12pm. You do not have to stay for the auction, they pay by check the next day. If you want to buy, they take checks, cards and cash.

Back
Top Bottom