I want to incubate eggs but fear roosters

Oh, I understand completely. I've thought about it, too. Better than getting chicks from a hatchery. Then I read about all that can go wrong when hatching. I realized I don't have the stomach for it - lol!
Same here, i could never cull a bird just because my stomach would get queasy. I’m too much of a animal lover

Then don't breed chickens.
I’m not breeding chickens. I don’t even have a rooster. I have 2 hens. And thought about hatching my own eggs (bought) for the breed i want. I can’t have roosters where i live. And i know the ratio is 50:50 for hatching eggs. SO if i did end up getting roosters, i want to know what i can do with them except for culling because i WONT be the one doing it. Thanks.

Also where, in any part, did i say i was breeding chickens?

Last edited:
I’m not breeding chickens. I don’t even have a rooster. I have 2 hens. And thought about hatching my own eggs (bought) for the breed i want. I can’t have roosters where i live. And i know the ratio is 50:50 for hatching eggs. SO if i did end up getting roosters, i want to know what i can do with them except for culling because i WONT be the one doing it. Thanks.
What breed do you want??? What breed are your current girls???

Hackettstown Livestock Auction. I have never actually done it, but I spoke to a lady there who was very friendly and helpful. She told me that roosters/cockerels need to be left at the auction place by 10am.
I just realized you probably meant how early like how young, not how early in the morning.
Sorry for being dense. :th

I don’t know. I forgot to ask that! If you speak to them and find out can you let me know.

Back
Top Bottom