I want to know whether my chicks are all roosters or some pullets are there ? Some times they are fighting.They are 7 weeks old but tails haven't come

Do you think some of this four could be a pullet? Please reply I am tensed

I can't tell from the pictures, but usually by this age the males will weigh more than the females. If any of them are noticeably heavier or larger than the others, they are probably male. If I remember correctly, white Leghorn pullet weight at this age should be 85-90% of the males.

I can't tell from the pictures, but usually by this age the males will weigh more than the females. If any of them are noticeably heavier or larger than the others, they are probably male. If I remember correctly, white Leghorn pullet weight at this age should be 85-90% of the males.
One of them is heavier than other 3.is it amale?

Example:
0738a5adac9b66b2cc2a3291613c8109.jpg

After how many weeks the gender can be determined correctly?

To be absolutely certain without a blood test I'd say point of lay or crowing, which for my Leghorns was 18 weeks.

ETA: But if you notice any growing pointy feathers on their necks or lower back, or the tail feathers curving down before that, you can be certain that one is a male.

I vote all male.

Are they too old at that point to see the layers of feathers on their wings.?2=hen 1= rooster?
That only works on certain crosses.
They are not crowing all are acting like hens
Crowing doesn't usually start till 3-6 months. There can be exceptions but I generally wouldn't expect them to crow yet.
But I have seen some pullets have also big combs and even larger than the roosters sometimes.
Yes, but not at only 7 weeks of age.

To be absolutely certain without a blood test I'd say point of lay or crowing, which for my Leghorns was 18 weeks.

ETA: But if you notice any growing pointy feathers on their necks or lower back, or the tail feathers curving down before that, you can be certain that one is a male.
Can Vertnary sergeon determine?

Back
Top Bottom