1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I want to SCREAM, I want to cry!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bleenie, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I have been having some trouble with my 2yr old(in Nov.) female Chihuahua. She's been fully housetrained since she was about 4 months old but recently has been having 'accidents'. she has had 3 so far and ALL three have been on my bed! She's not sick, acts healthy, goes potty regularly throughout the day all the way up until bedtime. I just don't understand what the heck is going on and why she's doing this.

We moved back into my fathers house a few months ago so that I would have some extra help with my sick grandmother. Izzy(the pup) has been fine, it took her a bit to adjust to living with another, Large, dog but they get along great now. she gets all kinds of attention from everyone here too. I have always given her a treat at bedtime and she's still getting those too. not much has changed in her life but the house.

I'd just love any help or input from anyone that's had something like this happen with their dog before, im going NUTS!! I literally JUST washed every last stitch of my bedding and made my bed tonight... gave her her treat and somehow, maybe when i was shutting the light off?? she managed to soak through FOUR heavy blankets and the sheets.... she weighs 6lbs, i dont even know how she can hold that much pee!!

please help [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. anirishfarmer

anirishfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2013
    Ireland
    hi ya Bleenie [​IMG]

so sorry to hear about your wee doggy [​IMG]

it could be various reasons, medical being one,but i did finds this

good read here,may shed some light on the situation [​IMG]

Health and happiness

3. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chillin' With My Peeps

Keep the dog outside - Problem solved.

4. Fly 2006

Fly 2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Hampshire England
    Firstly, if such a little dog peed that much then she must have had a very full bladder, do you not take her out for a pee before bedtime? I had a similar problem with my dog, she would pee on the bed if the duvet was back off the bed and it would always be on my husbands side of the bed, I realised that as he slept naked she could smell certain smells on the sheet ( sorry that sounds gross but its how it was!) Since I no longer have a husband she hasn't done it again! I thought at first she was making her mark as if to say that the bed was hers, this could be what your little dog is doing, does she spend the night on the bed?

5. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Sometimes incontinence happens in spayed female dogs and addressing hormones can fix the issue. I don't know if that is the case here or not.

6. sn0wwhite

sn0wwhite Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    MN
    My 7 year old Chihuahua started having frequent "accidents" and at first the vet said he was just naught, and he may be a bit. But then he started losing weight and drinking a lot and more tests revealed he is diabetic. Now giving him insulin and very frequent trips outside is helping, but it will likely always be a bit of an issue while he's still around.

7. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Take her to the vet and get a urine sample. She may be having accidents due to a UTI or bladder issue. Good luck.

8. Fly 2006

Fly 2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Hampshire England
    I'm all for getting her checked out but the fact that the peeing is always on the bed makes me think it is not accidental

9. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Take your dog outside every night before bed, and/or keep her out of your bedroom or in a kennel. That way she cannot wet your bed.

10. sn0wwhite

sn0wwhite Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    MN
    I also had a female boyken spaniel who leaked when she was sleeping. Not intentional.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by