I want to talk about my children's doctor.

This guy is a gem! I would DEFINITELY contact his superiors and let them know what a great doc they have on their staff. A little appreciation gift before you move would make his day as well!

My DD has a awesome doc as well, and he is moving to U-Virginia at the end of the year...... I plan on getting him a nerf gun so he can keep his students in line!
wink.png

(There is a story behind the nerf gun, but I don't want to hijack!)

Glad your son is doing well, those attacks can be scary!

Sorry your little one's been having problems, again. Your doctor does sound awesome! If you haven't already, you guys should write him a note to let him know just how much you appreciate him. He sounds like the kind of person who would value the acknowledgement.

thumbsup.gif

Speckledhen- it might just be worth it to drive the hour to get to your good doctor! My parents make the three hour one way trek to get to my dad's doctor. She's just that good (and with his auto-immune illness he needs one that gets it!).

My doctor is okay, but his physician's assistant and head nurse are FABULOUS! They are totally the reason that I have gone there for over a decade. They can pretty much just look at me and tell if something is wrong (I have Crohns). Love, love, love my nurse!!

Luvmychicknkids- your boy's doctor sounds like a gem! Have you written the hospital a glowing note? I'm sure he would really appreciate it.

We also have a WONDERFUL doctor. She has baked chocolate-chip cookies and brought them to us at the hospital when she released us after the birth of two of our children!
smile.png

Thanks everyone. And I love hearing the other good doctor stories. Actually, over the past few years I have written a few times, sent thank you cards, and tell him in person how much we appreciate him constantly. I also have already picked out the gift I am getting him before we go away.
smile.png

As for Malachi (my son) he is doing alright. He had pneumonia so it was pretty scary. We have had constant rain and back and forth hot to cold weather which is just killing him! Hopefully it will clear up soon!

I'm so glad your son is feeling better,we will continue to pray for him. My 3rd son had his 1st asthma attack when he was 7mos old.He had many attacks over the years that were severe and it does scare you.He did out grow it and ran cross country n track in high school.Praise God!! I firmly believe that there are some good Dr's out there,yes they are rare.I have been blessed with a few.When my 1st son was diagnoised w/JRA we went to a pediatric rheumatologist who was very well know as a "excellant Dr." His bed side manner was the pits.One day we saw his assoc. and my son who was 4 loved her,we continued to see her until she moved 5 hours away...Guess what,we made the trip.I figured if my son had to continue to have shots and blood work,it was worth the trip to have a doc he loved and felt comfy with.The Dr/hosp thing is sooo scarey to little ones.As he became a teenager we had gone for a visit and she said she showed "no signs" of the disease and she said she could not explain it.I could explain it!!! (The doc(s )said by time he was 10 he would be in a wheel chair for life) My son was in prayers all over the world!! Hallelujah! Sometimes I feel that things and situations are allowed to help us become stronger in our faith and to realize we need to depend on our heavanly Father and to thank and praise him regardless of our challenges and obstacles.We also have a Dr that is such a doll,we all go to her now that my kids no longer need a pediatric Dr.She will take the time to call you personally,if there was a problem, your taking new meds or w/test results. When she thought I had a blood clot in my lungs and sent me over to the hospital for a ct scan,she handed me a piece of paper w/her personal cell #..She said anything at all no matter what or what time,to call her.That Fri ard 6 pm she called and said there was no clot and reminded me to call if I needed anything..She has also called to check on my D.D. when she was having blood sugar issues.Thats what I call a step above n beyond and that means more than anything.I know she is a busy Dr w/her practice and she has a DH, kids and yepper...she has chickens!!! In fact she is hatching 2 for us...She always has pics of her new girls when you go in the office...too funny.We just love her and would travel further if she would ever move,thats how awesome she is.

Quote:
I'm with you there cyn, if my doc moved on like yours did I would be up the creek sans paddle.

thats great, however I would not notify his superiors as it might not be seen as it was intended. it might even be something he could get in trouble for?? Not sure

glad your son is doing better

You said the doctor was young? Adopt him and take him along when you move! He sounds like an absolute gem!

I'm glad that your son is doing better. It must be terrifying when your child has such a difficult time breathing. Our middle son doesn't have asthma, but he develops pneumonia almost every time he gets a cold. We can't figure out what makes him so sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom