i warned everyone that this winter was gonna be rough newpics pg5&vid

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
no one believed me can i say i told them so??

007.jpg

the straw stack and the front of the stallions pens.. the green gate is a 5ft gate (BTW this is only 2 days of snow)

005.jpg

the shed in the back round is my champions stallions (cash)shed, the black and white horse is our stallion, Tramp

the path is 3ft deep in the drift!

003.jpg

the drift next to tramps pen again, the gate is 5ft tall

001.jpg

somewhere the standard silkie coop is there i promise.. there are 20 birds in there lol

002.jpg

the pop door entrance to the silkie coop after i dug for 30 mins.. no worries the silkies are nice and toasty!

the silkie coop is 3 and a half foot high...

merry christmas! LOL

Last edited:
You have fun with that!
sickbyc.gif
I'm enjoying the last of our warm weather. We are at 69 now and supposed to get up to 71. But, by the end of the week we are supposed to be getting a LITTLE snow.

Yikes! And I had heard that PA was due for a mild winter, but I don't pay attention to that stuff too much. It is a guess after all.

HOLY MACKERAL!!! Glad to see al that snow hasnt cut your power, round here, a gentle breeze seems to knock ours out.

I was wondering, does all the snow around your silkie pen act as a kind of insulation? Like when hikers get stuck in the snow and they dig into the snow for protection and warmth?

Quote:
i think it does, when i went in to do a head count and fill the water and feeders, its about 50 in there, thats why i didnt shovel it all away lol

Back
Top Bottom