I was a scrapping fool

Yep I go chronologically. I find it's easier that way.

Mikeeeeeeeeee wrote:
The last scrap I was in ended up with me getting a bloody nose.

O............wrong type of scrapping. Sorry.

I been a scrap like that too. Goodness it hurt and I ended up with a fat lip. These days I'd just hide under the bed. LOL

If my hubby had his way all our photos would be in the regular old albums and on the hard drives too. He's still against me "cutting up" all those pics. But he does sit there with the kids when they want him too and look at the albums.

As soon as hubby goes back to work I'll take in another memory stick for printing. This time is probably won't be 500 (unless he's off for a long time). I had taken some time off from scrapbooking when we built our house and just got back into it in the past year so I had a lot built up on my computer. Now it's something that pretty much possesses me when I'm at home. I'm hoping for another marathon scrapping day on Sat since my kiddos are spending the weekend with their cousins. I got a Cricut about a year ago and am totally in love with it. It's almost as addicting as scrapping itself. So many creative things to do with it.

Happy scrapping
Jul​

I love everything scrapbooking but my favorite is to buy everything scrapbooking all the toys and tools LOL. I will be starting to scrap this year, I am starting a program of giving all my hobbies time LOL even if it is just a 1/2 hour a day for one of them and a different one every day. My next big purchase is the Cricut, any suggestions on which cartridges to get.

I also give scrapping supplies and a scrap book for all presents now, even baby showers.

I have all my pictures in order and will be starting to scrap from beginning to end. I gave all my kids a 12 x 12 leather binder that closes and they will get the pages as I scrap them. I will be scanning all my origanal pictures onto the computer and then down loading them to a disk so they are saved in some way in case of fire. Then I put the disk into a fire safe box. The pages will start from their beginnings. I am surprised at how excited they are about it. I might just be able to get them to scrap their own LOL.

Buying the tools is as addicting as scrapping. So many new things every time you go shopping. I love love love my Cricut. I have 16 of the cartridges. Originally I was just going to get the lettering cartridges, but I also use some of the shapes lots. I love to go the the Cricut web site and view what the cartridge will cut before I go shopping for them. Kinda neat to see.

My son, who was 6 at the time educated me on the cricut. He was sick one night and stayed up watching the info-mercial. The scrapbook store lady was so impressed with his knowledge and he had me sold quickly.

I've been doing this for years and when I started I just had doubles made of my 35mm prints since hubby was so against cutting. Now we would like to get them on the computers and saved with the others. When we are wanting run backup disks and store 1 here, 1 at my dads and 1 at hubbys dads. Right now we have all the digitals on an external hard drive in the fire safe.

I like the idea of 1/2 hour a day to my hobbies. Of course there are only 24 hours in a day so that might not work out, LOL. It seems I have more hobbies than anything else.

I'm hoping to squeeze in some time this weekend. Hopefully that happens, I love getting pages accomplished.

I'm not surprised your kids love it. Something about it from scrapping to looking at the album is so relaxing.

Happy scrapping.
Jul

Back
Top Bottom