I was hit by a tree!

At first, my hubby felt very guilty. He blamed himself - I kept reassuring him that it was NOT his fault, that this was all just a freak accident. He is doing alot better now, but like I said before - he never left my side and he is taking such great care of me.

In the hospital and rehab every new nurse would ask what happened to me - they all assumed that I was in a car accident and hit a tree - then we would explain the story that the tree hit me and there was no car involved. I think we told this story at least 50 times just to different nurses. After awhile, I just wanted to say - "I was in a car accident."

My husband called me at lunch and said that he was going to come home today and start cutting up that tree into firewood - as soon as I am off my pain meds we will have a nice fire and roast marshmallows and sip champagne while the bad tree burns...

So glad you are okay!
hugs.gif

Dawn

Oh jeesh! I am so sorry to hear of you accident. That was a freak thing to happen. My DH and Iare always cutting trees down...trying to clear a few so the others can grow better. We always do everything " by the book" and try to be safe as possible. However, one came down OPPOSITE the way it was notched...and took out the Split rail fence for the dogs, and the sattelite. UGH! Im just glad we were not under that huge thing. Scarey thing is....I had just moved, before it came down....right where I was standing. God bless you and your family...and I hope you heal fast.

Wow, you are lucky. Or unlucky. I'm so glad you are recuperating.
Your story reminded me of when my Dad dropped a tree on my Mom-- their situation was yelling over the chainsaw and just mis-communication. Her injuries were minimal compared to yours.
Feel better soon.
Lisa

Glad you are on the mend. Me and dh just topped a bunch or trees this past weekend and it does not take a huge limb to hurt. I know of what I speak. It scares me to death when we get into something like that and I always say a little prayer before and after we are done. Get better quick!

Hoping for a speedy recovery. What a scary ordeal!! I always worry about my hubby when he goes off in the bush to cut down trees for our wood supply. Unfortunately, I am never able to go with him with the 5 kids demanding all of my time, but I think I will purchase a walkie talkie set so that I can keep in contact with him when he goes out on our 72 acres to cut wood, he's planning on going out this week so I guess I have to hit the Canadian Tire store for a very important purchase!

My dad lost his cousin about 4 years ago to an Oak Tree, he was a certified tree trimmer and had his own company that he started 25 years prior. He was cutting of a massive Oak branch off a tree and had it cabled off and tied so that as he cut it, it was suppose to swing away from him and lower to the ground on the opposite side of the trunk from him, however, it swung right at him knocking him off his ladder and landing right on his chest.
The worst thing was that his 13 year old son was the first onto the scene from inside the house. Poor child.

I'm so glad you made it out ok, thank God you didn't receive any head trauma!!!! How are your sons dealing with it? I hope they weren't there at the time. God bless you and your family and I'll pray for a full and speedy recovery!!!!

Back
Top Bottom