I was just trying to teach him how to crow!

My lil guys crow most of the day - but I am in a rural area - and more than one person nearby has some roosters.

They always crow when they hear my car drive up - so I'm always yelling "hi Naughty - Hi Montana" (their names... lol) I did tell my neighbors the rooster's names so that she would know that I'm not totally crazy. When I get some more hens, I'm going to give her some eggs. I justify buying more hens... cause I have 2 roosters - and only 3hens - not enough to keep both roosters... chicken math seems to be contagious

I'm still waiting for my 15 week old Barred Rock to crow. He makes noises but nothing that sounds like a rooster!! More like he has a sore throat.........lol

Just wait- in no time they will be crowing so much that you'll be wanting to teach them to be quiet.
tongue.png

My Silver Phoenix Bantam Roo crows all day long.! I love it. I have 2 other roos as well and ive only heard them crow a few times!
They crow in the morning when I open the side door before I go to school. I don't hear them in the evening or on the weekends while im here. They only ever crow in the mornings. Wish they would crow. My little black rooster doesnt have the best crow in the world but its ok. For a first timer my Easter Egger Cockeral crow isint bad at all. Nice and deep. Needs some work but not alot.
The cockeral crows but the pullets havent started laying yet!

Back
Top Bottom