I was just wondering

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 19Dawn76, Sep 15, 2009.

1. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

How many would you like to get? You know, whats ideal?

I get around 5 hours a night then I get to take a 2 hour nap at noon ( I have a 2 year old).

I would love to get 7 a night then skip the nap.

2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I would love 8 hours, generally get about 5 if I am lucky.... when I can't sleep I am on here!.... never nap in the afternoon if I did I would not be able to sleep at night.....

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I don't have good sleep patterns, I never have. I have trouble falling asleep most of the time and then I don't sleep soundly. Even if I do sleep pretty hard I'm still awake at the same time. If I did the mean hours of sleep per week per night it would come out around 4.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I get around 7 per night. Not uninterruped though. I dream vividly and it wakes me a lot.

5. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    Quote:You just reminded me of someone I loved very much!! She was always a lady yet she got her point across.[​IMG]

I TRY not to go to sleep when I lay my son down but sometimes I feel like Mommy should be an example. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    I read somewhere that seven hours is the optimum amount of sleep. Too much or too little shortens your lifespan.

7. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I average 6-7 hours a night. Most of the time if I sleep 7 I wake up just an't seem to sleep later.

8. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    idk exactly how much I get to sleep... I wake up off and on all night... i will guess maybe 5 hours and no naps during the day... I would love at least 1 night with 12 hours uninterupted sleep...

9. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    7-8 hours - I make an effort to get good sleep or I drag the next day

10. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I seem to be avereging about 4 right now and its killing me.. Used to be able to nap or sleep in on my days off but my kids dont let that happen often , it did make a huge difference if i could catch up once in a while..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by