1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I was pushed!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rarely bored, Jan 22, 2011.

1. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    So there I was, happily eavesdropping away in some thread about hatching fluffy butts, when someone posted something about a brinsea incubator being on sale. Hmmm, thought I, that would be a great way to get new chickies, teach the boys something beyond bionicles, and make me get off the fence about producing more food. So I researched the incubator, decided it would be perfect for a clueless hatcher like myself and began to plot how to convince my dh to order one. About the time the convincing was done, the incubator was sold out.
    Christmas money came, Christmas money went... The horses DID need that gate into the pasture! Sigh, [​IMG] no incubator appeared to be in the future. Then one day my dear hubby discovered the e-bay fairies had dumped enough money in his paypal account to buy an incubator!! [​IMG] [​IMG] and, he did. So, I'm thinking what is the point of eavesdropping on other people's hatches if I have my own incubator and my own questions and my own issues... I'm sure I'll have issues...
    It is all Brinsea's fault that I am here. Like, I really needed another addiction! [​IMG]

and...
    Nice to meet you all!

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG] have fun! You will get addicted QUICK.

3. happyhappy

happyhappy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Napa, CA
    A great big Welcome from Napa :welcomeand I am so close to doing some hatching once I get it started DH will jump in but until then plug your ears! [​IMG]

4. vebyrd36

vebyrd36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    New Ringgold Pa
    [​IMG] from West Texas

5. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Ahh your poor DH doesn't know what he started. Welcome to BYC!! I just received my Brinsea yesterday. There are now 18 bantam bbs ameraucana eggs in it warming to a nice 99.5.

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Good luck. [​IMG]

7. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    hahahahaha...you are in sooooo much trouble...welcome aboard...let the addiction begin...

8. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Welcome to the addiction! I have tried to stop, even sold my incubators to try to make myself stop, but keep coming back (It got worse when I learned how to build my own incubator). But my last incubator went out Mid hatch and I lost 9 duck eggs and 5 goose eggs, which made me really really mad, so I quit all together. Then last week I wondered on Ebay, and found myself "Unconciously" bidding on an Rcom incubator, AND WON! Hubby just laughed when I told him, and said he was getting ready to buy me one behind my back because I was being stubborn. So then today I of course had to buy some eggs. So it begins......again... LOL [​IMG]

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

10. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    [​IMG] yes it is addictive! So far I have hatched 35,have 14 in the incubator right now,hatched 2 ducks and have eggs coming from the January egg swap. And thats just since September

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by