I was scammed I’m so upset.

I was just scammed trying to buy silkies too! The person Jade Johnson who is also moderator for the group “raising backyard chickens and goats” said they would ship 2 silkies for $30 each and $30 to ship. So I had to send her money on PayPal but with the friends and family option and not the goods and services option. But then the “shipping company” wanted me to send $200 through PayPal for insurance. What BS. It’s a fake shipping company that is interpreting as Cypri Logistics Express Delivery Agency.

That’s
I was just scammed trying to buy silkies too! The person Jade Johnson who is also moderator for the group “raising backyard chickens and goats” said they would ship 2 silkies for $30 each and $30 to ship. So I had to send her money on PayPal but with the friends and family option and not the goods and services option. But then the “shipping company” wanted me to send $200 through PayPal for insurance. What BS. It’s a fake shipping company that is interpreting as Cypri Logistics Express Delivery Agency.
rxactly what happened to me. I paid then they wanted me to pay 300 to ship for insurance. Everything seemed so real or so I thought. Can’t believe how good these people are and the lengths they go to for it to look real. Including making a facebook group where they have fake accounts to pretend that people buy their silkies from them.

I was once scammed in an indoor plant group on Facebook thinking being retired law enforcement, I could never fall for such a thing, yet I did. I found out how to spot the scammers now.

1. When they don't list their location on their FB page, that is suspicious. Every legitimate seller will at least tell you what country they're in, if not state and city.

2. Look at the pictures they post. Many times they can be found searching them on Google.

3. Read the replies on the posts. If a scam, you'll either see they are not replying to them (because they are messaging them) or they will reply that they will contact them privately.

4. Scammers never have a website, but that alone doesn't mean they are a scam as some legitimate ones don't either.

5. Read the reviews. If you see good reviews, check out the person who left it as if it's a scam, their account is new.

6. Don't be fooled by the number of followers they have. They have thousands of bot accts these scammers share amongst themselves, plus, they'll go to poultry groups and send out invites to people to follow them. Some just follow everyone who asks.

7. If you think they're legit and you agree to pay via Pay Pal, but they instruct you to check the Friends and Family box, that's a scam. If you don't check it, Pay Pal would cover you. By checking it, you have no recourse.

Back
Top Bottom