I was scammed I’m so upset.

ShannonSolomon

Hatching
Mar 2, 2024
I joined this Facebook group called silkies for rehoming. It has 2.5k members. Everyone talks about how they got their chicks or hens from a person named John mark. That he’s a verified breeder. So I messaged him paid 140 for four silkie chicks and 60 shipping.meant 140 total. He tells me today that the shipper will be emailing me. It did all seemed legit. I could see his info my info all seemed good. It said I need to reply to the email to make sure all info is correct. It was. I then get a email saying that I need to pay 300 for insurance. It went from calling it shipping to now calling it the agency. As the name of the shipping place is united agency something. I feel so upset I fell for this. Now I’m out 140 dollars and they have my address and phone number and I apple paid them. I messaged the admin and they are in on it also calling it the agency and it’s just insurance that will be refunded. How could I have fallen for this. There’s 2.5k in the group and everyone talks about him being a verified breeder. I do see now that almost all post get their comments turned off. Now I know why. I’m lucky I have six silkie babies as they are so beautiful but I wanted to add four more. Whatever now I know it wasn’t meant to be and I need to stick to the six I have. I just feel so upset I fell for a scam. I’m very hyper aware of scams and the language used by scammers but this was not that. Ugh! Sorry I needed to vent.

I don’t know it’s Apple Pay I used. I have just been blocked by him and the admin which I assume is him too and been banned from the group. So now I can’t even report it.
Sounds like he has large scale con going in. Can you report the group itself to facebook? Apple pay should be connected to your bank in someway?

Something that is common with scammers from a foreign country is they use a first name as a last name. Doesn't always mean it's a scam, of course, but can be a clue. Sorry this happened.

Also contact anyone in your local TV news team who handles scams. Most TV stations have a "contact us" button on their websites. I don't know if that is anything they would cover, but it wouldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom