I Was Supposed to be a NHR, But I Don't Think I Am

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mylilchix, Mar 31, 2009.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I received my order from Ideal last Thursday. I ordered 5 chicks. One was an NHR and another a Gold Sex Link. I don't think I got the NHR. The other 3 chicks are correct. Here are pics of the 2 mystery chicks.

[​IMG]
    Gold Sex Link?

[​IMG]
    NHR?

Thanks,
    Sonja

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It sure could be a NHR because they are yellow as chicks and the wings feather out like that. Then they feather in darker. I have two of them.

3. mylilchix

Thanks for looking. She is a reddish yellow, but she seems to be feathering in so light. It's making me nervous.
    Sonja

4. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    that is a NHR chick, looks just like the ones i have that i hatched out

5. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Ours from Ideal started really light and over time some became more a tawny red and the others are an orangey red.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    wow my NHR looked completely different...very dark almost RIR dark. I guess yours could be. [​IMG]

7. mylilchix

That's why I got worried. Every chick pic I've seen has been darker. I'm glad we have some experts around to calm my fears!

Sonja

8. ladeefire

ladeefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    NH
    thats so funny
    I ordered gold sex links, NHR and Brahma's from Ideal and I have 2 chicks that look like your NHR that I posted yesterday! YAY i think they really are NHR'S!

Unfortunately I didnt get hte brahma though

9. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    that's what mine look like and they are supposed to be nhr. one has slightly lighter ends on the feathers than the other. pretty soon it will have white on the wings, mine didn't start out with white, but now they have it. and they are only 2 weeks old. start looking for new feather pins soon and you will see that darker ones are coming in.

10. mylilchix

[​IMG] Yeah!!! People with whiter NHR. I was really getting worried. Her coloring is close to my spitzhauben riht now. [​IMG] Fingers crossed for darker feathers!!

Sonja

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by