1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Can we add a "review product" catagory? I think it would be cool. That way we can review waterers, feeders, heating lamps. stuff like that

Let me know what you think

2. crazychickens

crazychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Belleville, Wisconsin
    I like that idea. I would use it.
    [​IMG]

3. Cocky

Cocky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Georgetown, SC
    It would be a good source of info.

4. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Anybody else like my idea? I think it would be alot easier instead of asking if something works or not [​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I think its a good idea - it would have been SUPER easy when I was looking for an incubator instead of using the search and then finally just starting my own thread.....

I think it would be nice to add product reviews as well as "store" reviews, like who and where to buy from, who has best customer service and prices etc....

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

What I usually suggest for new categories is that we start off with people posting new threads and if there are a lot of threads that are similar we can then build out a new category / forum for them and move all the topics into it.

Our top goal is to keep the forum "clean" and easy to navigate, so this is probably the best approach.

So, if people have products to review or rate, I suggest you start a new thread In the Buy Sell Trade section for each product and make sure you start the subject with:

"PRODUCT REVIEW: Name Of Product"

That will make it easy for us to see how many posts there are and will make it easy to differentiate a product review from a regular BST posting

What do you think? Will that work for now?

7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    thanks rob. I will do that [​IMG]

8. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    great idea- I added one for Ideal hatchery

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by