I Will Stop Candling I Will Stop Candling

Quote:
a toot egg? do you mean it's shell-less? if so just remember it's going to lose moisture much faster than a shelled egg...

No, I mean a Fart Egg. But I don't let my kids say the word "fart" so we are saying "toot".

ok well i had no idea what either meant, that's why i asked...

Quote:
thanks Hot2Pot that's what i was looking for. 8)

can't say i've ever had one from anyone. just an occasional shell-less egg from pullets.

Quote:
No, I mean a Fart Egg. But I don't let my kids say the word "fart" so we are saying "toot".

ok well i had no idea what either meant, that's why i asked...

Quote:
thanks Hot2Pot that's what i was looking for. 8)

can't say i've ever had one from anyone. just an occasional shell-less egg from pullets.

Thought you were asking why I called it a "toot" or I would have explained further.

I've been hatching by broody's for many years and started out candling day 3,6,9,12,...so on. So Fun!! Now I only candle on the 7 day and leave them if there's development. (Kinda like that old Luv's diaper commercial.,,you'll get it if you're over 40)

Movement in the egg means nothing. I NEVER see movement while candling but still hatch 100%.

Oh crap FAERYTAIL, This thread has me thinking,...hmmmmm .....Day 16,,,,,I might just candle a second time.
lol.png

Well, I've got a spreadsheet set up (ok maybe i'm a bit obsessive about keeping records, but then again... k.i.forgot)
i keep track of egg number/date/weight set, progress at 5 10 14 18 and hatch (fertile/devoloping vs quitting at different times) so I can track how many are quitting and when, and any notes along the way. hopefully soon i'll have my trap nests set up so I can also track which hens are producing the quitters, if there is a pattern. I'm pretty sure one hen is laying more clears than the other but that may be the roo's fault LOL

had one egg hatch today, on day 25! think my temps were a bit low for a few days tho, but she's out and running around like a nut.
big_smile.png
gotta love dorkings. they can be color sexed once they fluff. first 2 hatched from shipped eggs, got a cockerel and pullet. first 2 from my own trio, now a week old, 2 pullets. 3rd looks like a pullet too, got 4 more due to hatch tonight/tomorrow. 1 more in the incubator due the 8th and 6 more the 17th. i love having seperate hatcher/incubators
tongue2.gif

and i just set 20 coturnix quail eggs today too! due the 20th or so.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom