I witnessed a miracle

Quote:
And we were so happy to see her! .....but she flew 10 miles over a busy city and found us, not at the wildlife centre where she was raised, but about 7 miles due south of there in a whole other town! I am still reeling over this event. We feel that this is a message of some sort but have not yet deciphered it. Sadly, we have not yet found May. May was the gosling that started off at my house this spring so I feel a strong connection to her. Just hope she made more lasting bonds to a goose group and is now planning her route down I-75 with a bunch of other Canadians. Maddie has been returned to the goose filled pond on the other side of the city. Keeping fingers crossed.

Quote:
336_brian_and_maddie1.jpg

Here she is taking the spotlight away from Brian during the question and answer period before the release. Look behind them.....there are NO OTHER GEESE in the lake!!!
And one of Brian just before the release of the eagle. She would have been hatched this spring and was found on the ground, dehydrated, weak and unable to care for herself. The Ministry of Natural Resources brought her to us and we got busy plumping her up. What a nasty bird. We have a male Bald Eagle who is a veritable pussycat compared to this nasty girl. We put them together at first thinking they might enjoy the company but soon separated them as she was bent on killing the poor guy.
336_brian_and_maddie3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom