I woke up wit a cold..

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Nov 25, 2009.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    what is my chance of being better tomorrow...no good I am sure... I am misserable and i have a ton of stuff to do today...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...another perfectly good thanksgiving gone to waste

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Drink some hot tea with a little honey in it. And have some chicken soup! Take care of yourself before it turns into a full blown thing. And rest too! Hope you feel better for tomorrow~

3. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Same thing happened to me on Sunday. Dose up on Vitamin C and liquids, stay warm and get lots of rest. I was largely over the cold by yesterday. As a kid, colds used to always last 7-10 days but as an adult, I find a day or two of feeling lousy is as bad as it usually gets. I don't really understand why, since I always thought a virus was a virus and it just had to play its way out, but I'm not complaining.

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:Add some lemon to the tea, good ole' fashioned homeade chix noodle soup (not the processed stuff in a can) and I agree with vitc . There is something they sell otc called emergen c. It's supposed to really knock out a cold. Hope you feel better. [​IMG]
    eta~ don't over do it!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Nyquil!!!

6. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    thanks everyone..dh is going to the store on his way home from work...On top of verything else I just found out a guy I went to school with has cancer all thru his body and they don't excpect him to make it to christmas and his only sister is comming in from alaska.... he went to the doctor for a check up and thats when the found the cancer... His mom is taking care of him at home by herself...

7. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    Zicam!!!

8. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    That's so sad about your friend.
    Been fighting a cold since Saturday, Theraflu with extra lemon juice in it seemed to help me the most.

9. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Quote:I am so glad you said something about zicam.. I remebered that i still had some..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by