I won the lottery....well not really

jonezjollyfarm

Songster
Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Omg I'm like in shock. All this past week I've been standing I'm my coop waiting for the automatic door to close so can retire for the night. So yesterday I decided hey ding dong why dont you change the time so it closes earlier. So I did and adjust it to open a little later. Went out early this morning as I do every morning to put out feeder and check the waterers. It was still dark out but I thought dang it looks like that door is open. It was open. I thought surely I set it to open at 610 instead of 710... but that didn't make sense cuz it was only 6. We had a few coons get in the run over night this summer to eat anything left behind. But we made some adjustments and as far as I know they haven't been back but I went in expecting to surely find at least one missing or dead bird. Nope everyone was fine. I so how managed to set the door to open at 710 pm :eek:. So it had been open all night. Talk about lucky ducky. God I feel so stupid but so grateful.

Omg I'm like in shock. All this past week I've been standing I'm my coop waiting for the automatic door to close so can retire for the night. So yesterday I decided hey ding dong why dont you change the time so it closes earlier. So I did and adjust it to open a little later. Went out early this morning as I do every morning to put out feeder and check the waterers. It was still dark out but I thought dang it looks like that door is open. It was open. I thought surely I set it to open at 610 instead of 710... but that didn't make sense cuz it was only 6. We had a few coons get in the run over night this summer to eat anything left behind. But we made some adjustments and as far as I know they haven't been back but I went in expecting to surely find at least one missing or dead bird. Nope everyone was fine. I so how managed to set the door to open at 710 pm :eek:. So it had been open all night. Talk about lucky ducky. God I feel so stupid but so grateful.
Yikes! I'm glad everything was fine!

It is always great when they survive our errors. Which automated door do you have? My Ador door closes based on ambient light. Last week it closed so early because it was cloudy and rainy thst my late night partying teenage pullets got locked out. Heck the old hens barely made it in. He are the pullets roosted in the window.
20181010_205431.jpg

It is always great when they survive our errors. Which automated door do you have? My Ador door closes based on ambient light. Last week it closed so early because it was cloudy and rainy thst my late night partying teenage pullets got locked out. Heck the old hens barely made it in. He are the pullets roosted in the window. View attachment 1561442
:lau:gigThey tried their best to get in there! So cute!

Back
Top Bottom