I would just about give up.....!!!!! It's a fox!!!!

That's a heck of an attitude for animal control...
roll.png

On the other BYC, there's a person called FoxTrapperSteph...they might be able to help you trap your fox.

I hope that situation does work out well. I called Animal control on a neighbor years ago for horrible neglect of a dog tied in the backyard (had dug a hole about 4 feet deep becasue it only had about that much rope around it's neck) they didn't feed it much and the water bowl was nearly always empty, I took care of alot of that for the poor dog (on the sly) and offered to take him several times, but oh no, they wouldn't give up their beloved dog --=anyway, back to animal control --they never came out, even after 3 calls to them, go figure. The dog chewed through the roap and ran away (I had let him go a few times but got worried he would get run over)--hope he is happy somewhere, sweet dog, chow shepard mix, looked like a brown bear. Soooo-- I guess I don't really have too much confidence in our animal control either. I do hope, unless the fox has rabies, that you won't have to kill it.
smile.png

Quote:
At no time should an animal be transported. There are many factors and reasons for that statement. First, these are wild animals that are very territorial, any animal found in another's territory will be killed by or kill the resident animal. Second, transporting an animal is the fastest way to spread any disease the animal may have. Third, an animal in a strange area will be the one that is most likely to found someones pet for it's next meal. Think of it this way, how would you like it if I was to transport all the predators I catch or kill to your neighborhood? (This year so far, 2 bears, 5 bobcats, 3 fox, more than 20 each coons and opossums, dogs and cats aren't counted.)
I am not the one to defend animal control, but I don't think they should have to do our dirty work. Most of these units have a NO relocate policy.
If a state or federal trapper is called in, which a few times I have done, they have a NO relocation policy.
Finally here in Ca. (Tahoe area they have come up with the three strikes rule for bears. After breaking into three houses the bear will be killed.) I know many people feel this is wrong, especially those that are putting food out for the bear. These people DO NOT realize they are causing these animals more harm than good.
If you catch a predator, kill it. If you don't want to eat it, bury it.
To much said, time to get off the soap box.

I talked to my uncle this morning, who is a local park ranger. He said animal control will not mess with the fox unless they think it is rabied. He said the only thing to do is to kill it. I know some here won't be happy with that answer, but if the opportunity comes up, that's what's going to happen.

I relent, you all make good sense, plus it wasn't my chickens he ate. I guess shooting him makes sense, I hate it, but it sounds sensible given the circumstances, course maybe he wont come back and that would be even better.....

Yes scrambled egg, i see we are both like minded.
I like to observe wild animals and see the beauty in every living creature and feel that every creature has a right to live.
However, when they start to invade MY space i will protect my flock by fencing etc. But if I still lose the battle, then I have to cull them.

That's exactly how I feel too.
If it's outside my yard or walking down the street fine and dandy...If it's in my yard, it's a predator and it's skull will meet Mr. Shovel and said predator won't be coming back for a repeat visit.

Back
Top Bottom