I would just about give up.....!!!!! It's a fox!!!!

RubberChickenLubber

Songster
12 Years
Oct 19, 2007
Newton, NC
This morning the rest of my chickens that didn't get killed last week were killed (all but my Japanese bantam hen, she roost in a tree in the run). This time it dug under the fence. We put out a live trap earlier today, hope we'll catch what it is tonight. My dh is going to dig a trench at the bottom of the fence and pour concrete and set the fence in it.

If I didn't have the chicks in the livingroom, I would give up. Now I feel bad for my little hen, she's all alone and will be for a while. I need to find her a man
love.gif
now, so she'll have some company.

barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Oh Crap, you poor thing, Yes you really have to build a fort knox before you get them back out there.
Im sure someone here will help you out with a roo but youll need to protect them first.
I feel so sorry for you.
Just get out there and cement and bury some barbed wire too!
So sorry, try and have a good day tommorrow.
Hugs

You know the bad thing is whatever it was got in the only place that wasn't buried 6 inches. I had a hard time getting out, it tried several spots before it got out. Last time was just my stupidity of leaving the door open while we left, and we got back too late.

Unless your hubby pans on digging a DEEP trench, the predator will dig under it. What he needs to do is, take about a 12 to 18 inches of chicken wire bent out in an L shape. I know of no predator that is smart enough to back up once they have dug into the wire. So he needs to get a 3 foot roll of chicken wire and bend it in half. Attach it to the fence you have and bury the L shaped wire about 2 inches deep. That has keep all the digging predators I have out of my chicken area.

Back
Top Bottom