1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I would like a bigger incubator. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sfraker, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Sfraker

Sfraker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    I currently have a 40 egg little giant incubator. It works fine but I am getting requests for more than 3 dozen ducklings at a time.
    Any suggestions for something bigger but not industrial sized? I'm not looking to hatch thousands. Maybe just 100 or so.
    Thanks!

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    If you are looking to spend no more than $100, I'd say get another cheaper styrobator and run the two, because unless you can find something cheap on craigslist, you can't even get a decent styro bator for $100 or under. [​IMG] I think the next step up is the cabinet incubators and they are $600 and up. RCOM has a 50 max, but that's as much as the cabinet incubators.

3. dennislambert79

dennislambert79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2014
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I would build your own. Ive been looking at building me one im thinking about using one from an old kitchen cabinet. depending on size could do up to a 150-200 max. There some on BYC or Pinterest to help

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Good point! DIY is always an option and there's a lot of good plans and threads here on BYC and many who would be willing to give advice.

I forget about the do it yourself cause I am not that talented with electricity...lol

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  5. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    We went with the Dickey cabinet incubator..I know the sportsmen are good incubators but I like the heavier build of the dickey, it holds temps rock steady even if the room temp drops drastically..It also comes with the metal hatching tray with lid were as the sportsman comes with the plastic one..Just my preference.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by