I would like all animal lovers to see this.

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
It is not cute. It is devastating. This man is a personal friend, and I am shocked to learn that what I saw on the news was him. Many of us in the community have offered up breeding the goats, llamas, rabbits and fowl so that when he rebuilds he can have his animals back. His grief here just kills me.

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/d3646...er-Brush-Fire-Engulfs-Ranch-Chip-Yost-reports

I realize none of you know this man, and see this as a tragic loss. I can tell you, knowing this guy, this has been absolutely heartbreaking. Alot went wrong with the attempted rescue. Alot of things should have been done differently. Bruce's property was MILES away from the initial fire. More should have been done.

I have spent the day, on and off, crying for my friend, and being proud of our community for pulling together to see he has a farm again.

Quote:
Oh Deb, this made me sob. This man is in my prayers and in my heart. Little man, the lama? (sorry to busy crying to really pay attentio to his breed) is also in my heart. Poor, Poor boy.

Boy, that was hard to watch. I was doing pretty good until he started crying, and then that was it for me. My heart just broke, it's still broke. What a tragedy. You know, he didn't even care about his house, only his beloved animals.

Quote:
He is that kind of a guy. He never sold a single animal til he inspect the new home. They were his life. I expected his youthful appearance to fade, yet it has not. That man is 74 years old. I am just thankful that the community has pulled together to restock his losses once he rebuilds. I have my bator on stand by.

That is just too tragic. And really, the animals still there are the ones who also have to live with the pain of their memories, seeing the others up in flames, the place burning down, and the burns they may have gotten from it.

Quote:
There are many of his animals at the hospital on morphine and oxygen. The llamas that survived have many burn wounds. But you can see, they saw him and came to him. I am just soooo sad over this. I saw the whole thing on the news and didn't know until today that it was Bruce. Which is why I said many see this as tragic, but knowing him, being touched personally by this makes it very different. VERY different.

Just could not imagine going through this. Glad that this good man is safe and there for the remaining animals.Praying that he is blessed with love and support and can rebuild his home and ranch.

That's absolutely heartbreaking. I hope he can recover and rebuild - bless all of you in your community who are offering to help him out.

Back
Top Bottom