I Would Love to See Pictures of Your Set Up!

Jloeffler

Songster
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
Northeast NC
I would love to see pictures of people's set up, especially those who have multiple coops and runs and breeding pens separate from their coops. We are up to two coops each with it's own run and might need a third. I have two breeds I'd like to breed and was wondering how we might do this most efficiently!
Thank you so much in advance!

Well I only have one, but since no one responded I thought I would post my set up.

82702_dsc_0003_2.jpg

82702_back.jpg

Quote:
you need to put some branches around your run, give them a bit more to do.

True. But what a nice large space for them. Your six birds must think they are living it up!!

Last edited:
I'll be happy to post mine but it will have to wait until tomorrow. The only pics I have are just after we finished what we thought was the complete set up
smile.png
. Since then have added another dividable coop on the other end of the run from the original coop and also cut out a portion of the big run for a grow out pen with an attached coop for the younguns. gotta get the two groups integrated before winter sets in though. Grow babies! Grow!

Here it is just after we got the wire up. I'll update this tomorrow. The divisible coop and mini run are now on the left end of the run. Also, there is twelve feet of roofing in the run coming off of the shed. The mini coop and run area is also roofed now
199.jpg

Have a great night!

Last edited:
My coop is built towards the back corner of a big, underused garage/outbuilding. The run is completely protected from rain and will be well sheltered from the snow and wind. I now have an additional 10'X20' dog run that I can let the girls out into through the little hatch door in the covered run. They spend a lot of time out there in nice weather.

98323_dsci1881.jpg

This is the coop I built summer 2010 with plans purchased on eBay. Approx dimensions are 4x4 interior living space with 2x4x4 roosting bar and 4x8 run with another 2x4x4 outdoor roosting bar and it's about 5ft tall at it's peak:

This was one of the earlier stage pictures - added a roost in the middle of the inside - there are two very large doors on the front for easy access to cleaning.
Chickencoop2.jpg

This shows a bit how wide the double doors are before they were actually added
Photo09290839.jpg

Moved the girls in when it was completed (still not painted)
Photo10021251.jpg

Large drop down hatch on the back - again for easy cleaning as well as access to eggs and utilize (3) 17 1/2"L x 14 1/4"W x 7"D Sterilite rubber dish pans for the nest boxes for easier clean up.
Chickencoop3.jpg

Not only does the clear corrugated roofing provide venting, but so does this!
Photo10051844.jpg

Back
Top Bottom