I would NOT want to faint in a chicken coop!

Quote:
Crocs aren't good either! I have a black pair and they have the holes in them and mine peck at my feet thru the holes!

Crocs and socks?
tongue.png

Yes ma'am! Mine pick thru my holes in my crocs because they look like the holes in the feeder we have!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Amen to all ! Add to it this,.. my 15 year old neighbor asked if she could hold a chicken,.. so we sat her down and handed her a sweet one and BAM she was hit from behind by the flock,.. they all wanted the reddish purple streaks of hair she had added on her formally all blond head! My big BA had a piece of purple hair and wouldn't let go,. pulling it for all she was worth,.. and two juvenile SS's were climbing up her shoulders,... well neighbor girl is fine,.. not even a scratch,. but slightly traumatized,.. ( her words)

Forgive me,.. I know it's wrong,..but it was sooo funny.

My bird go threw 100 pounds of feed a day i think if i passed out in the yard they would have no problem picking my 130 pound body clean to the bones
hide.gif
in a day,

DSC00014.jpg

And i am sure these guys would be glad to drop in and help they pass by every day to check for casualties
lau.gif

MDGC04612.jpg

But really my birds never peck at me no matter what i am wearing.

I do have a roo that mates with my shoes when i leave them on the deck.
th.gif

Quote:
Yep, the cute little garden shoes work great. They go crazy pecking at the design on them without success.
big_smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/78998_p4080756.jpg

Your space interest me...what kind of set up do you have? So very clean & neat!

Thanks! We love it. We converted half of a 10x16 foot barn for 15 chickens. Of course, we now have chickens in both halves.
tongue.png
Not sure how that happened. My husband built the nest boxes and painted them blue (on the left) and you are seeing the screen door in the wall he built to divide the halves. What you don't see is the awesome roost he built (and painted blue as well) that can be pulled up to the ceiling when we clean. The chicks are now almost 15 weeks old and they love it and we hope to be using those nest boxes before too long. As for the cleanliness, my husband had to explain to the cashier at Home Depot that the wheel barrow, rake, and straight edge shovel he bought me for Mother's Day was actually my idea.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom