I woulda sworn I live in FL

CelticOaksFarm

Family owned, family run
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Florida - Space Coast
These temps are crazy cold for us today. Had to the heat on in the house, add extra heat lamps to the brooders too. Tonight I get to cover my tropical plants so we don't suffer loses. None of the animals have skipped a beat today though. Ducks and geese splashing, chickens running all over. Glad we only deal with a few really cold days each year.

We are supposed to get to 21, and we are just up the road a bit.
I hate losing the citrus. It had no chilling hours to get it hardy.
It was in the nineties before Christmas, and now the plants get slammed.

I hear ya! Brrrrr

Watch someone from "up north" pipe in about how we're weinies...
gig.gif

Quote:
I have weinies and their all laying next to the wood stove with blankets on them. yep we have 17 with wind chill of 0 course everythings already dead here or rather dormant.

I'm from "Up North", I think you all have our winter down there. It was 56 deep in Northern Maine yesterday. I walked from the hot tub to the house I was at in my bikini, not to do the hot/cold thing, but because it was so warm I didn't need to put my fleece pants & down jacket back on after I got out.
I would be very bummed about the citrus trees. Heck, I AM really bummed - I love my Florida oranges. I pray for good weather for you all & for us to FINALLY get some snow.

I'm up North here, and I don't think ya'll are wiennies! I'm jealous!!
lol.png
I'm wishing we had only a few really cold days, but must confess our winter has been fairly mild up here! First snow today!

Today was fun. Up at 7 and walked out in my sleeping shirt and shorts like i do to feed the ducks and forgot about the cold. Ran and dumped the food in the pen and ran back inside lol. They are all enjoying it though!

Back
Top Bottom