IA here

I'll be at the 5/2 swap. I think we will probably pay the $20 for a good spot. I didn't want to pay $150 to reserve a space for the whole year as we might not make it to all of the swaps. There were new rules that were not in place last year as per the spaces and the fees. I'm not quite sure on all of it yet because we were told a few different things by different people as to what was what.

I think it was confusing because there are 2 associations running the swap now, instead of just the pigeon club. I just joined EIPA and will probably be working the 5/2 swap.

Stephanie, you want to get there early. If you are just setting up 1 table, I would suggest getting under the pavilion if you can. It will be cheaper for you. You can drive under there to set up. It's $5 per 100 square feet under the pavilion. Then you would need to move your vehicle and park on the grass, or in the parking lot.

$2 per vehicle to get in, even if you're pulling a trailer. There is food there. Cold water only. You will probably want to get there around 5 am to get a good spot. It goes until noon. Lots of customers at these swaps too, which is good. Bring help so you will be able to shop. You can also camp out there if you want to. The swap pretty much starts at 6am.

I'm also going to Freeport IL on Sat.

Just a reminder for everyone about the show in Avoca. It is co-sponsored by the Western IA bird Fanciers and the NE., Cornhuskers group Just off I-80 1 1/2 hour drive West of Des Moines, if that. It is Mothers Day weekend.

Also, there is a show in St. James MN on Saturday. Might be too late to register but I can give you the contact info. If there is someone I was supposed to give that info to, please let me know. I forgot! Sorry.

Last edited:
Could I get 2 Blues? That would be fine! I just want more than one, so if I decide to separate them from my Pekins, I won't have one lone duck free ranging without a buddy.

Quote:

does anyone have or know of someone that is bringing White silkies to the burlington swap? Have a friend looking to purchase some nice looking and I think she would either take chicks or adults.

Let me know!
Kathy

Back
Top Bottom