IA here

I am a native of SOUTHERN Iowa, which is nothing like where I am now. I'm originally from Albia. Down there, we have landforms and trees so we are not subjected to endless, vicious winds. I will never get fond of the flat, tilled landscape that surrounds me. But it is worth a lot more per acre up here.

How about you?

I am a native of SOUTHERN Iowa, which is nothing like where I am now. I'm originally from Albia. Down there, we have landforms and trees so we are not subjected to endless, vicious winds. I will never get fond of the flat, tilled landscape that surrounds me. But it is worth a lot more per acre up here.

How about you?
I grew up in Chariton, got married and now live by Rathbun Lake. ;) We love to eat at Bogies when we have the money.

Quite familiar with everywhere you've mentioned. My sister and brother-in-law are still in Albia and own a grocery store there (Jim and Charlie's); they spend a lot of time at Rathbun. I did when I was growing up back there.

Good to meet you!

Quite familiar with everywhere you've mentioned. My sister and brother-in-law are still in Albia and own a grocery store there (Jim and Charlie's); they spend a lot of time at Rathbun. I did when I was growing up back there.

Good to meet you!
My brother moved to Britt and my dad lives in Clear Lake, both in northern Iowa. We love to visit but it's always colder there, so I only want to go in the summer, lol.

Oh, I get it. You know how they always say, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity"? Up here, it's not the temperature, it's the WIND. It cuts right through a person, and I think it's impossible to get used to; I sure haven't.

BTW, I grew up in a house that's probably less than half a mile south of Bogie's on the country road that runs parallel to the highway. However, I've never eaten there because I moved away before it was opened.

If you ever feel like venturing across town, Brick Street -- which is over by Jim and Charlie's -- serves decent sandwiches and homemade chips (the only time I EVER eat chips).

Sorry to hear about your captivity :) in Fairfield. Haven't been there in a great many years.

Because of your post, I just googled Dutchman's, and it looks like a cool place. I'll have to see if my sister in Albia has ever been there. To be honest, I've never even heard of Cantril. I'm guessing the general store is the main attraction there.

Back
Top Bottom