IA here

Pics
Lilandra - Happy Birthday to your Steve! And I love 'your version' of the story too....

yet another storm rolled through here last night but we avoided damage...good thing since last Friday's storm has caused 'leaky roof' syndrome.

Clay's roos are adjusting pretty well...and they really add to the pleasure of flock tending!

the vegetable garden is producing s l o w l y but I did notice some flowers on the eggplant....what a strange spell of summer weather this year.

Catherine

My garden is slow at producing also. My eggplants have a few small fruits on them. I've gotten very few tomatoes. Some have blossom end rot, so I'm giving them some extra calcium. Thanks to my chickens!!

It's just been too cool for them to do anything.

A couple of years back I went with some friends to help show some horses. Haven't been back since, my husband doesn't like fairs. Have fun!

shoot, we usually go but with the kids being really busy this summer we aren't
sad.png

hope the weather is as wonderful then as it is now for you

Quote:
Oh, yeah!!!
celebrate.gif

The camper is in the driveway and ready to go. I camp there for the whole 10 days. My entire (and I mean all of us) family go every year - parents, brother and sister and their families. My sons are grown and gone from home now but they come back every year also. Even my oldest who lives in New York
wee.gif

It's a huge family reunion
yippiechickie.gif

That's awesome, Mary Jo! Sounds like a blast!

Quote:
Oh, yeah!!!
celebrate.gif

The camper is in the driveway and ready to go. I camp there for the whole 10 days. My entire (and I mean all of us) family go every year - parents, brother and sister and their families. My sons are grown and gone from home now but they come back every year also. Even my oldest who lives in New York
wee.gif

yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Oh, yeah!!!
celebrate.gif

wee.gif

yippiechickie.gif

I have been getting our camper ready this week as well. Camping at the Fair is a family tradition for us for many, many years. My grandparents used to camp with a tent and platform on the hill. My grandma remembers frying eggs on a hill so steep that you couldn't keep the oil level in the pan, and taking live chickens with her to butcher during their 2 weeks. We camp with my aunts, uncles, cousins, my parents, and multiple friends that we've grown to know so well in our many years in the same spot. (Sorry for the history lesson...)
Most people don't understand - or "get it" - camping with so many in tight quarters and the 'redneck campsites' dug into the hill. My children have never missed a Fair, and I hope they never will have to.

Mary Jo - I'm in 2-B section in front of the brick baths. Where are you?

Quote:
Oh, yeah!!!
celebrate.gif

wee.gif

yippiechickie.gif

I have been getting our camper ready this week as well. Camping at the Fair is a family tradition for us for many, many years. My grandparents used to camp with a tent and platform on the hill. My grandma remembers frying eggs on a hill so steep that you couldn't keep the oil level in the pan, and taking live chickens with her to butcher during their 2 weeks. We camp with my aunts, uncles, cousins, my parents, and multiple friends that we've grown to know so well in our many years in the same spot. (Sorry for the history lesson...)
Most people don't understand - or "get it" - camping with so many in tight quarters and the 'redneck campsites' dug into the hill. My children have never missed a Fair, and I hope they never will have to.

Mary Jo - I'm in 2-B section in front of the brick baths. Where are you?

I agree - most people just don't get it. The people at work think I'm crazy for doing this every year but I wouldn't miss it for anything.

We've acquired many State Fair camping neighbor friends over the years as well. I've been going to the fair ever since I can remember. My dad, sister, brother, sons, nephews and I have all shown cattle there over the years. My youngest son is 21 and has been going since he was 8 weeks old and hasn't missed one yet.

My camping spot is in 8-E kind of over by the other bath house. Are you going to be there for the entire fair?

Quote:
Yes, we go in on the 8th this year, but will likely spend most of the pre-fair days sleeping at home (too many chickens to take care of) and then stay at the fair 13-23. I work some, take some vacation. It's the same distance from my house to work than from the Fair to work. As long as I have chicken keepers and clean underwear, I can stay the whole time.
I'm sure we've ridden a tram together at some point in our lives. You're not the "Old Mill Hill" gang, are you???!!!

Back
Top Bottom