IA here

Got mine too! It certainly paid for my gas anyway! Guess the fair doesn't care if Iowa Blues are an APA breed or not
big_smile.png

The judges know the are in the process of being approved and cannot reject them as competition. Jacob Bates thought they were all nice looking birds. Good to hear commnts from the judges. Same should be true in MC., got a whole crop of new judges for that show! It will be fun and the should have good input. Questions time.

Hello all! I'm in Ames for the time being, and I currently don't have any poultry. Mainly due to living in an apartment right now. However we are planning on doing Coturnix quails here in some indoor cages. Currently building them! YIPEE!

I had one seller lined up for my quails but it seems they may not be able to come through for me after all, so I'm looking for a new source! If anyone has any or knows a reputable breeder or company that ships i'd appreciate a recommendation.

Also I'll leave you with a question. Is a bantam the smallest laying hen aside from quails? How quiet do you think they are? Noisy cluckers?

The judges know the are in the process of being approved and cannot reject them as competition. Jacob Bates thought they were all nice looking birds. Good to hear commnts from the judges. Same should be true in MC., got a whole crop of new judges for that show! It will be fun and the should have good input. Questions time.

Eric Due to health issues I am not showing at Mason City. Hope you have a good show.

Hello all! I'm in Ames for the time being, and I currently don't have any poultry. Mainly due to living in an apartment right now. However we are planning on doing Coturnix quails here in some indoor cages. Currently building them! YIPEE!

I had one seller lined up for my quails but it seems they may not be able to come through for me after all, so I'm looking for a new source! If anyone has any or knows a reputable breeder or company that ships i'd appreciate a recommendation.

Also I'll leave you with a question. Is a bantam the smallest laying hen aside from quails? How quiet do you think they are? Noisy cluckers?
My bantam hens are noisy when they lay an egg and for a little while after.

I have a 15 week old White D'uccle cockerel and he needs to go. I'm in the city and can't have a rooster :( Anyone able to help me out?

Hi from Mapleton, Iowa! I have a small acreage and about 20 hens plus a rooster. We just had a surprise batch of cochin/ameracauna chicks hatch and are thrilled. The mother had kept them well hidden! Here is a photo of them:

Here is the mother:
and here is the father:

Hello IOWA!

I am new to this chicken thing. I am just starting to build our coop and I am a little concerned out winter. Any suggestions?

I have a small coop I built myself. Last winter was HORRID, but none if my girls were frostbitten even though I didn't provide any heat. Two things helped with that: a sheltered location, and good air circulation. You don't want an airtight coop, since chickens produce a lot of condensation and it's that moisture which will cause frostbite.

Back
Top Bottom